or Connect

Posts by AmandaLynnH

I think it's my general wussy disposition that makes me feel like I can't do it.   Seriously, HUGE wuss here!  I'm 8.5 weeks in and already convinced that this will be my only biological child because I'm not enjoying pregnancy one bit and I haven't even gotten to the really icky part.
That's good to hear.  I was actually pleasantly surprised by the figures in there.  We'll use disposable diapers (can't talk DH into cloth even though I'd love to since it's cheaper), and probably do a breastfeeding/formula combo since I have to go back to work so soon so those figures were of particular interest to me.  The daycare there's such a variance around based on where you send them.  Thankfully we found a nice place right by our house that's super reasonable....
Lol, Bailey!  So the wine DID influence her!!!   It's just frustrating.  I just want to know if I can have my mate tea when I have a migraine or not.  The only study that appears to have been done was with women over somewhere where they drink a ton of it so these women were drinking several liters a day.  I have one 16 oz travel mug most days when I have a migraine and it really seems to help.  But if it's going to make my baby have two heads then I'd rather deal with...
Well, if it helps, while telling her wasn't fun it was better than expected.  And I find that being pregnant has greatly reduced my bs tolerance and is giving me the strength to say no to her.  We've already greatly reduced the amount of time we plan on being there at Thanksgiving and if she's going to complain about it too much we just won't go at all.  I have to do what's best for me and my family, and if that isn't what she wants, that's her problem, not mine.  So if...
Yea, I've read that a lot of the "shouldn'ts" in pregnancy are from an American slant.  The theory is they think Americans don't know how to do things in moderation so they'd rather say don't have this or that than risk someone having it all day every day, having a problem, and getting sued.  Or there just aren't enough studies done to know for sure so again, better safe than sued.  It's kind of annoying if you ask me because it's hard to get good info so I can make the...
I've been bad ladies.  The last week and a half, nada.  I think I may need some iron because I spent two days last week feeling weak if I was standing too long and I still get a bit weak if I do too much.  Like, I had to sit down a few times yesterday when cleaning.  Then DH gave me his cold so we've both spent the last few days at home.  I'm finally starting to feel human again so I'll have to start walking again soon but since I stayed home yesterday I have to work...
I'm reading three books currently; Pregnancy Sucks (DH picked it up at the library for me), Dead Pan on my phone/ipad, and Double Dexter on my kindle.  I highly suggest reading the Dexter series as there's just something about reading about a serial killer that seems to ease the homicidal urge one may or may not experience thanks to morning sickness...or maybe that's just me...   I'm torn on pregnancy books.  On the one hand I need to know this stuff, on the other...
Thank goodness my cold is starting to go away!  It's not really fair that your immune system gets depressed when you're pregnant.  DH and I work at a university and while I have little contact with the students he has a ton and college kids aren't the most considerate when it comes to not spreading germs.  Working from home one last day but I should be good to go tomorrow .  I really hate to waste boss-less days slacking at home, lol.   And, I think my...
DH and I have a pretty complicated budget/banking system set up.  We each had our own accounts when we were dating and I switched to his bank before the wedding because there was a nice bonus for opening a new account.  Rather than combine everything we designated those two accounts for seperate things; one for bills and one for spending.  We've both had someone get a hold of our debit card numbers and while the banks are great at getting that money back we just realized...
Man, I wish that was the case for me.  Usually I finally find something that sounds awesome (which is rare at the moment) and get all excited waiting to have it and then it's just meh.   In related news: KFC got rid of their twister wrap.  WTH?  I was so looking forward to that last night and had DH stop and they no longer carry it.  Sad.