or Connect

Posts by AmandaLynnH

I certainly think so!  If I start doing the dishes when he's there he'll come in and tell me he can do that.  Some days I fight him some days I let him.   I took the unisom a little earlier last night and am doing much better today.  I think it also helps that we went to bed a little earlier too but much less of a unisom hangover this morning.  Still dead tired though but it seems to last for me for most of the following day.   Sorry about you getting car sick.  We have a...
Aaaand this thread is officially making me feel like a slacker with my piddly little walking routine.  I suppose I have to step it up, eh?  Damn.
I second the cleaning houses recommendation.  I did that during college and did pretty well.     What about caring for someone else's kids in your home?  I also was a nanny during college because it was flexible and it paid well.  I still do it, in fact, though we need to figure out if I still will as I get more into my pregnancy and eventually have the kiddo.   DH has offered to watch the baby while I go babysit, but we haven't figured that whole thing out...
I have been really happy with the treadmill even though I've only used it once so far.  Of course, had we known we were pregnant we may have gotten a cheaper one, lol.   Nothing yet to report for this week as m/s took me out Sunday and yesterday I just felt off.  Hoping if I can get out of my unisom haze I can walk today at lunch as it's supposed to be really nice out.  It's about a mile around where I work and I normally do 2 laps, maybe I'll do 3 today and maybe do...
Bailey, how on earth do you stay awake taking that much Unisom?  I just tried it last night with a third tablet of unisom and a quarter B6 (100 mg), took it around 11 pm and I'm STILL in a fog and it's 11 am here!     Then again, maybe it's just the fatigue kicking in?  I meant to work out on Saturday but ended up taking a 3 hour nap on the couch instead...oops.
Bailey, I tried the unisom+b6 cure for the first time last night as well after my worst day ever on Sunday (I was crying I felt so crappy) and the good news is I'm not nauseated anymore.  The bad news is...
I'd like to join in as well!  My work offers a program where you get rewards for healthy behavior including exercise.  They require 30 mins 3 times a week in six week chunks for points.  Translates into $50 per 6 weeks!  That goes a long way to making a dent in baby expenses!  I've always had a love/hate relationship with working out.  I'm generally a thin person but put on some weight when I was in grad school.  The biggest I got was 150 lbs at 5'7'' which isn't...
I still want that burrito...and a certain bbq brisket sandwich from another place nearby, and some taco bell. DH made salmon last night and used some of taco bell's one sauce that's similar to the stuff at qdoba (yup, we totally hoard the packets of that stuff when we go there) and some asparagus.  I know it was much healthier than the qdoba and it came close to satisfying my craving but not quite.     Yea...and I want chinese food too.  I've been hungry all day...
I'm slowly moving out of the eat nothing phase but really only in theory.  In practice when I feel sick I don't want to eat or drink anything so I have to force myself to eat a few crackers or a little cereal and that usually helps but it still generally doesn't inspire me to eat like a normal person.  My morning sickness tends to ease up by about noon unless it's one of those days when it decides we're just having too much fun to leave so at least I feel more normal...
  OT:  Bmcneal, my apologies.  I certainly never meant for my post to be offensive.  There are obviously varying degrees to the disorder and, in my experience with my mother, she falls clearly on the crazy, make my life a living hell side.  She's called me much, much worse and treated me even worse than that so I feel as though my assessment in this situation is accurate.  It was not a judgement call on anyone else who happens to have the same disorder.  My mother is not...