or Connect

Posts by AmandaLynnH

Hi everyone!  Sounds like people had nice valentine's days!  We didn't really do anything special unless you consider taking the GD test and getting a massage/adjustment something special.  We did go out and try a new restaurant on Sat. night though that was fantastic.   Good news is I passed my GD test so to celebrate when we went out on Sat. I had a foot long grilled cheese sandwich, homemade (um, at the restaurant) potato chips with parmesan, and a tiramisu gelato...
Yea, I totally post looking for compliments ;) No shame in my game.
Found out that stabbing feeling in my butt is sciatic pain caused by a tight pfirorus (sp?) muscle on my hip.  Thankfully my lovely insurance plan will pay for as many chiro visits with massages as I can schedule so I'm going on a weekly/biweekly basis.  My last one lasted exactly a day and then I decided to organize under the kitchen sink and now it's back.  I guess I want to nest but my ass doesn't want me to.
This is one day shy of 27 weeks and one day after I made the mistake of bringing up my 24 lb weight gain with my midwife.  She was a bit judgy IMHO about it and, to them, it looks like I've gained nearly 30 lbs since they asked for my pre-pregnancy weight and I gave it to them based on my scale whereas theirs weighs me about 5 lbs heavier.  She told me to eat fewer empty calories.  Now, I do indulge every now and then and I eat dessert every night (did before...
Times, I hope things start to look up for you soon!  Pregnancy is stressful enough without all the extra junk.   Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I think there's something in my belly.  And I'm pretty sure it's trying to rock climb on my ribs.
I saw a coworker today who has been out of the office due to an injury since Halloween and hasn't seen me since our Christmas party and she asked me to stand up and exclaimed, 'holy corona!'  I reminded her that I'm nearly 7 months (I think that's right according to google) and she said, 'well you don't look big enough for 7 months.'  So I guess it's a rather startling change but I still look small (which I don't mind a bit).   My mother is getting uber creepy...
When we went to talk with our HR rep about insurance because we were thinking of "upgrading" to a plan with a lower deductible and copay since I was pregnant, she suggested this plan.  It ends up being the same amount of out pocket as either of the plans with lower deductibles because it has no coinsurance and the other two do in amounts that coincidentally, when added to the deductible, equal the same total out of pocket max.  The difference is that I just pay up front...
Not sure, they gave me a sheet with info and instructions at my last appointment and I put it away and haven't looked at it since so I'll need to grab that and check.  I'm pretty sure they said no food for 4 hours beforehand though since that was part of the reason we did the morning instead of my usual end of the day appointment because I'm better at waiting to eat if I haven't eaten anything yet at all.
Co, just tell the kids you're playing the quiet game and you're really good at it.  Challenge them to beat you as a bonus :)   My entire pelvis feels all loosey goosey and not in a good way today.  I'm randomly having trouble crossing my legs, and while I think I may have put a little weight on in my thighs it's not enough for larger pants so that's kinda weird.   I also find myself running out of breath easier and I get rib pain on my left side when sitting at...
I'm doing juice too PhilsBabyMama.  They brought me the glucola stuff and I asked if there was anything else I could take instead and they said 2 juice boxes from Whole Foods.  Gave me my choice between three flavors too.  I have to go get them since my test is next week.  I think I'm not supposed to eat anything beforehand for 4 hours but my test is at 9 am so I'll just wait to eat breakfast.  I don't even have to drink the stuff there and then wait, I drink it at 8 and...