or Connect

Posts by AmandaLynnH

Hi everyone!  Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well!  I'm jealous of the massages and vacation plans but I did find a chiropractor that takes my insurance so I'll be making an appointment and as long as the doc says massage will do me good it'll be covered too!  We'll pay oop until we hit our deductible but since we switched plans once we hit that me and the baby boy get free medical care for the rest of the year, no copays, prescription costs, nada.  I am sooo...
I've found all my maternity clothes at Goodwill.  Spent $26 on 5 pairs of pants and a sweater.  My favorite pants are from motherhood maternity and are linen (wish they were a touch warmer)  and sit low with an elastic (but not band) waist.  They're soooooo comfy.  I did buy one pair of brown pinstripe pants from target but they're full panel and I'm not sure I'll end up wanting the full panel so I haven't cut the tags off just yet.  They were clearance so $18ish which...
Had our ultrasound last Thursday and we're joining team boy!  We had both wanted a girl so we had a bit of gender disappointment to deal with but I think we've pretty much gotten over it.  I loved all the frilly little clothes but then we realized what a PITA those must be to wash and I realized that the girl half of pottery barn kids is a bit nauseating to me so yay for boys!  I also get to get out of giving the kid "the talk" and, as I have a rather dysfunctional...
Hi guys!  DH and I took off last week since we already had 2/5 of it off for the new year's holiday.  It was fantastic!  Restful and productive all at the same time!  Got the crib, put it together, got the baby's dresser, put it together, worked on the dresser and bookshelf we're refinishing for the baby's room and those should be finished within the next few weeks, sorted through the hand-me-downs we've gotten so far and made a pile of stuff we don't think we'll use,...
Not gonna lie, that was kind of the reaction I was hoping for.  Hello self-esteem boost!   But yea, I'll be 20 weeks on Sat.
My cravings have been pretty consistent with what I would crave monthly if I wasn't pregnant; junk food, meatball sandwiches, onion rings, cheese fries, chinese food, jalepeno cheddar cheetos.   My random cravings have included; chips and salsa, cheese (not that I don't normally adore cheese but it's taken on a life of it's own now), bananas, beer (I don't even like beer!), apples, strawberries.   I could eat the hell out of some jalepeno cheddar cheetos right now.
  This is me at nearly 20 weeks (Sat).
Haven't really worked out this week yet.  DH did do a fair amount of walking as we went on a maternity pant quest on Sun which I'll count for my work workout thing if necessary.  But other than that it's been a tough week.  Was busy planning for my brother/sil/niece to be here over Christmas but now they're not coming so I have a lot of found time.  I'm going to try to make sure I do something tonight and the rest of the week though.  This is my last week of my 6 week...
Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I did get a pair of jeans a size up last week, just in time for my favorite ones to die (hole in the knee).  Then on Monday it seemed I popped.  Buuuuut I now think it was just water bloat since I wasn't being good about staying hydrated and it seems to have dissapated somewhat, but not before I freaked out and went on a maternity pants buying spree.  I have 3 pairs coming from Carson's that will likely be returned once they get here...
I was a 4 before I got knocked up and and now mostly fitting in a 6 as I think I put on some weight in my hips or they spread but I wore them all pre-pregnancy too.  The 6 pants I have are starting to get tight around the waistband in front as I'm starting to get a little belly and if I bloat (which I do constantly).  I've thought about a bella band but I'm not sure I'd dig having my pants unbuttoned.  I may get a mix of both, maternity pants and a size up, trying to get...