or Connect

Posts by AmandaLynnH

Ah ok an hour for entire appointment makes sense.  I thought you had to lay there with a full bladder for an hour while they pressed on it.  But my midwifes aren't always great about giving me details.  My first appointment I didn't know that they'd want a urine sample and peed beforehand so that was interesting.  Then the nurse mentioned that they'll want one from now on.  But I got no details on the anatomy scan when we scheduled it yesterday (Jan 10th since they were...
So what's the best way to handle needing larger pants?  Should I buy a size or two up or give in and get maternity pants?  I'm trying to think long term and after the birth what I might need to minimize the expense.  Sad thing is I lost weight last year and got rid of all my pants a size or two up, those would have come in handy right about now.  Darn selling house and moving encouraging me to purge.
Just a head's up, I saw the Snoogle at Burlington Coat Factory for considerably cheaper than anywhere else so if you want one, check there.
Thanks ladies.  As I mentioned before I have a few body image issues thanks to my super-helpful mother so the weight gain is hard for me.  I haven't weighed this much since before I had some severe stomach problems a few years ago and I was really unhappy with my body at that point so psychologically it's odd for me although I know I look nothing like I did at that point and most of my clothes still fit except my super skinny jeans and those that don't fit are in the...
I hope not.  I just read something on another forum (yes I see other forums) about a woman who had her anatomy scan and they found out that the baby's joints were all fused and had to terminate and it got me all freaked out.  So I'm hoping to ask to schedule it right away in January.  Then maybe I can hold out on the special place and save the $40.   My MIL is getting a keurig from all of her kiddos.  My FIL has passed away so getting him gifts would be odd.  My other ILs...
Ah, ok.  I'll have to try that tonight.  I had no idea.
Congrats Marie!  There isn't a better feeling than being done with a program like that.  I finished mine in 2010 and am so happy to not be in class anymore!   Had a nice weekend over here.  Didn't do much except ran a few errands and got a frame for some artwork my mother finally got around to getting us for a housewarming gift (we've been there since May she claimed that as a gift for us in June after yelling at me for buying a vase we liked because that was...
Am I the only one wondering what the heck is a fundus?
It seems no matter what I do I gain each week.  Up to 13 lbs now at 17 weeks.  I'm going to be HUGE by the time I'm 40 weeks.     I did manage to get my 3 times in although my third was just walking around shopping (we were out for hours though and walked a ton) because my back was bothering me again and the baby is going through a growth spurt and I'm super tired all the sudden.  Yet I still gained a pound.     I've been trying to be better about drinking water....
I like to answer the "were you trying" question with "I don't know, I have NO idea how this happened!" with a completely straight face.