or Connect

Posts by AmandaLynnH

I just got one at my last doctor's appointment.  I liked the idea of the baby getting the antibodies since they can't get a flu shot before 6 months old.  I've never gotten one before and got some version of the flu last year but it was only a 24 hr bug.   I also work at a university where college kids get it all the time and my DH has a ton of contact with these students.  After getting a simple cold that laid me out for 3 weeks I figured the flu was the last thing I...
Times, I'm the same way.  My mother has said for nearly 15 years that 'she was skinny before she had kids too' as a threat so I'm struggling with the changes I'm seeing.  It's not even as though I'm really seeing much right now anyway, it's mostly food babies being more pronounced or gas babies.  But my boobs have certainly grown (my MIL even commented on them) and I'm losing a bit of my waist so I'm feeling pudgy not pregnant.  It's a difficult record to turn off.
That actually sounds like a hilarious time!  Although I'd probably get annoyed trying to park the car given how thoughtful everyone seems to be at that time of year and sit there and snark at everyone instead.  That's why I only venture out during the week if necessary, usually to use free money coupons.  I was already annoyed by the lack of manners when I was out this weekend and we're still 2 weekends away from the official kick off of the holiday season.   Yea, a grill...
I second the swift kick to the groin, really just for good measure.   My mother tried to tell me that fatigue wasn't a normal pregnancy symptom.  We all had a good laugh about that one.   Your DH and MIL need to realize that pregnancy is different for every woman, and apparently, for every pregnancy.  The fact that both of them have this notion that you're the type of person to just say, 'Oh, I'm pregnant, I can totally phone it in for 9 months' speaks volumes...
I've got most of my holiday shopping done already (I try to do it before Thanksgiving as I get a little stabby if I have to deal with Christmas crowds), minus one gift for my brother, possibly something additional (but not necessary) for my niece, and stuff for DH but I did pick up his main gift today, a tool storage system from Sears.  Got a fantastic deal on it too!  I hope he likes it.  He was looking at ones at Menards that cost several hundred bucks each piece and...
Yea, give the tea a try.  It seems to agree with pregnant me too.  Hope it helps!   Wow, yea I'd pop your MIL in the gut.  But I *might* have a bit of that pregnancy rage you speak of.     Heh, I post tidbits on twitter with the hashtag #mymotherisbatshitinsane whenever we talk.  I hear people rather enjoy them and I could make some good money taping and posting our conversations online.  She is the queen of odd comments.  Sometimes they're funny, most of the time they...
I'm in Chicago and Feb can be hit or miss regarding temperature.  It really depends on your tolerance and outwear.  But there's a ton to do here, 2 zoos (one less than a mile from my house), lots of shopping, Navy Pier, Millenium Park, stuff out in the burbs.  It's a really nice area.   Yea, I just might sit out Thanksgiving.  DH may be needed to work that weekend now anyway if our football team makes it to the playoffs since there won't be students around to work the...
Thanks, my guess is she pissed and moaned through her entire pregnancies but now likes to be superior to me and try to guilt me into doing what she wants.  I'm terrified of gaining too much weight because all I've heard for the last 15 years at least is how she was skinny before she had kids too.  She also flat out told me I'm going to get fat when I hit menopause and that's why she lost her waist.  Yea...it has nothing to do with the fact that a. you didn't have it...
Well I did not go trick or treating.  We had hardly any kids show up so I got to keep most of the candy anyway.   We did go register this weekend.  I know it's SUPER early but we'll be seeing my family at Thanksgiving and then probably (God-willing) not until after the baby is born and dh's family at Christmas so we wanted to give people plenty of time should they want to get us something.  We still have to work a bit to round it out some but I think we covered most...
  Mate is a type of tea (well, technically it's not as tea all comes from the same plant and it's not this one).  Teavana has a really yummy one  called Matevana but they have a whole variety here: http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/mate-teas.  It's got about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee but it doesn't make you jittery.  It seems to help when I get migraines whereas the black teas I normally drink make them worse.     Bath and Body Works and Origins also make an...