or Connect

Posts by IntownDoula

Winter, I am going to read up on this! I would love to be on a regular cycle as soon as possible after all the hormones are out of my system. Thanks for the tip!
Hey there, I just read TCOYF. I am getting married (!!!) in May, and the plan is for me to go off of hormonal birth control in October when DF (darling fiancé? Is that a thing? haha) is on tour in Europe and there won't be any chances of hiccups during the FAM earning curve. I wanted to introduce myself and not lurk, because I am going to begin "practicing" charting in September. (I know the hormones in the birth control mean that my body won't operate like it would...
Hey there! I am going off of hormonal birth control in two months to switch to FAM/NFP in preparation for TTC beginning in May. I read a book entitled Taking Charge of Your Fertility that I highly recommend--it contains every single "What if?" you can think of and it's an excellent resource for both using NFP to get pregnant and to avoid it, instead of focusing primarily on one or the other. It was fascinating to me; I couldn't put it down!   In the book, the "rules"...
Hello all!   My name is Margaret Mason Tate, and I am a doula in training living in Atlanta, Georgia. In order to complete the DONA certification process, I must attend three births and send information about them to the certifying body. (HIPPAA-protected, of course.) I would love the opportunity to provide doula services with no charge until I have completed the three births required for certification. I am willing to travel up to an hour away from the 30306 zip...
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for sharing this info, I'm so glad I didn't miss it! I hope to see you guys there 
Hey Oread, I am a new doula myself, and I thought I would share with you my list of places that I plan to advertise (well, place flyers, business cards, make personal connections, etc.)    Whole Foods and other co-op, natural/organic "health food" stores Local juice bar Yoga studios that offer pregnancy yoga Local OB/GYN famous for his belief in and advocacy for natural birth Coffee shops Spas that offer pregnancy massage My chiropractor's...
This was really helpful to me, I'm glad you posted it, thank you! 
Hello all! My name is Margaret Mason Tate, and I am a doula in Atlanta. I have joined Mothering so that I can do what I love to do: talk to women about pregnancy and babies! I am so glad to be a part of this community.