or Connect

Posts by EcoConsciousMom

That makes a lot of sense. I had my daughter at home in a studio basically too. A studio would probably make it difficult to avoid any distractions from the other kids. Thinking about this is making me realize my daughter loves being near me so much she would probably distract me a lot. Even when her dad comes home from work she is very possessive of me and wants to be near me always. I'll have to rethink having her present when I have my next pregnancy.    You are very...
  Lol. It sounded like I wrote a lot of that. ;)    Yes, doctors aren't all this way. Unfortunately most of them are. I have found the doctors who are younger and went to medical school on the West Coast are more open to natural methods (and laid back). They also seem to be more respectful, even if they don't agree. I knew a doctor like this. He definitely gives doctors a better name.   I completely agree with a lot of what you said. It's funny when secretaries, nurses,...
That's really interesting. I'm glad we have the single handed letters. Makes it easier to signal hubby with one hand when a baby is sleeping in your other arms. Lol.
  That's so sweet. I can see my daughter doing something like that (if she were speaking clearly, lol). However, my hubby gets more frantic and scared than I do. It's kind of funny how he overreacts to noises sometimes. With me I think she would be easy, but with him there too it might cause some stress on her. How old was your niece at the time?     Wow. I can understand the hospital being intrusive. I've been twice (non pregnancy related) and nurses were awesome,...
  That is neat. It's interesting that's it's based on French signing. I didn't know that.   I'm aware that many countries use their own version of sign language. I thought that the majority of all sign language has a lot in common though, where many signs are similar and you have a better chance of communicating in different countries by knowing sign language. I think I read about it when I was taking Early Childhood Education classes.
Thanks for letting me know which ones use ASL. I definitely want her to learn the "real" sign language, instead of having to reteach the correct signs. Of course, like a few of you I'm also using the "milk" sign for breast milk as we don't drink cow's milk either. :)   I'll definitely look at YouTube to see some samples and see how my daughter reacts. That's a great idea. It's like testing the system before you buy it. Thanks for the suggestion.   And thanks to...
  Thanks for the suggestion. Is this the same Baby Signing Time, http://www.babysigningtime.com/?    When did you start with your twins? I'm wondering if it would be outgrown too quickly if I started it with my 20 month old today. She already knows a lot of the basic signs we use in everyday life. Do you think it will still be a good option?
  That helps a lot. Your son showing signs of understanding the signs at 6 months and signing back at 11 months is exactly what happened with my daughter. :)    That's fantastic that you still wanted to learn ASL with him, even though others didn't agree. I would have done the same thing.   This is my little story: I learned the alphabet in sign language and some basics from my hubby. At the time he was working alongside a deaf person. Then I learned more geared towards...
  That looks like a great resource to learn sign language. When did you start with your son? Did you start with the Baby Signing course for your son or jump right into the ASL course?
  Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into handspeak.com right now. I've been using a mobile app on my phone called "My Smart Hands", but it only has a couple hundred words. Many I don't use everyday and it's been freezing.