or Connect

Posts by MommaMenk

I know this topic is covered often but I need to vent and get some input. Here goes the rant ;)   Number one, my in laws have no sense of germs. We have caught so many illnesses because they bring their sick kids everywhere and it makes me so mad! Even when my kids are tiny babies they let their sick kids kiss on them and all. Even when I tell them not too. I try  to get my husband to understand why it bothers me but he grew up in a family who just doesn't care about it....
Hi ladies! I have lots of books I sell. I have a huge variety of titles. Below is a list of a few. Most are $1 for softcovers and $2 for hardcovers. Here is a list of examples of what I have. I ship media mail so that's fairly inexpensive. If you are interested in anything or looking for any titles let me know and I will see what I have for you!   American Girl Curious George Bernstein Bears Clifford the Dog Golden Books Dr.Suess Little Critters Thomas the...
Well...not sure lol. I  mean the test was negative but I possibly took it to soon. I didn't have another one so I just figured if I am pregnant I will know sooner or later. With my other two I got my postitves quick.  In the meantime if it was ovulation as some people told me they thought it could be ( I have never had ovulation like that but I guess it happens) then I should get AF any day now. If AF doesn't come then I am either pregnant or just having really weird stuff...
My two are vacs free.  My son was formula fed due to latching issues and some really dumb stuff that happened in the NICU where he was treated for jaundice(including pumping him with antibiotics for 48hrs for no real reason other then caution)...he is healthy and smart but he has had a million ear infections and has to get tubes...but again I think it was the formula ( lack of breastmilk immunity) and the antibitics. I feel like his immune system is just now starting to...
Hi Ladies,   So I have a 6 month old and I got my first postpartum cycle back on the 14th of October. Well, I am breastfeeding still so I expect things to be really weird for a while...but...on Saturday night I got a bunch of EWCM with a spot of blood in it. I thought it was AF coming since it would be due that day were I to have a 28 day cycle ( which I wasn't expecting too with breastfeeding). Anyway, I had some painless cramping..like tightness and backache after that....
Queen city physicians are not vaccine friendly in my experience. We tried them and had to sign a paper saying we would vax on time. We use Dr. Jason Mattingly in montfort heights. He will discuss vaccines on the first visit but he doesnt push it after that. He is good and family practice and has other non vaccining patients.He also really takes his time and loves babies We like him after trying others.
Most popular homebirth doctor is the Bowen Center. Dr. Bowen is my doc and does parrellel care for homebirth. He is a huge supporter of natural child birth. He has a list of midwives and doulas they recommend. He might be a great resource for you to check into.There is a very large home birth community here I believe. People come from dayton and indiana to go to him...so might be a place to start. I personally am not having a natural birth this time but I know plenty who...
Thanks for the reply! So he seemed fine for the first week, but suddenly the past few days his spitting up  has returned and is much worse. It seems weird it took so long to come back. He also wakes up from naps and in the morning crying like he is in pain. I don't know if it is formula related or maybe he is starting to teeth and its the side effects from that. He has been chomping on everything for a couple months now but is doing it much harder now ( he pulls my...
My LO was in the NICU for jaundice after he was born. Right before they released him a doctor came in and asked me why he hadn't had his eye ointment when he was born.I told her we opted not too. She tried to tell me it was against the law to refuse it ( I knew she wanted to put it in THEN..crazy)..and I told her that I researched it and it was not against our state law and that the hospital even had me sign a waiver that said I would not be doing it. She backed off...
I am five weeks and not feeling to much either. I got MS with my son at 6 weeks...so I am praying I am just going to get lucky and not have it this time..or not much. I get a little sick feeling if I don't eat and I get super tired..but I am also on progesterone so that adds to the tiredness. I feel full in my belly and hungry...but I am not going to complain. I do worry that no MS might mean something is wrong, but I have no reason to really worry yet. I just focus on...