or Connect

Posts by crunchy_mama

re: fruit: I should say I think they can be fine for some.  I just feel better without them and I can get the carbs I need from veggies.  However, there have been times I have ate them, quite a bit.  We all have different experiences and different bodies so of course such things will vary.
re: fruit: I had started some but pretty much have cut it out- I might do a serving of berries 1-2 x a week.  I am also nursing a 14 month old- A LOT- I am eating quite a bit of tubers and FAT!   re: emotional: I feel entirely awesome.  I had seasonal depression before but haven't since but there have been others changes along the way.  I am gluten/dairy/soy free(I think being 100% gf is the biggest contributer for me).  I also take fermented clo and personally I am...
KW I am interested in the CW and MCT as well, I am confused about all the different grammar/writing programs out there and what I need.  For next year I already have WWE1, which I think he will be ready for by the time we finish this year.  I considered FLL but think I may go w/ one of the older free texts out there, like Maxwell.  We have AAS1 as well, and hopefully it will line up with our reading come next year.  It seems that Math will likely go until at least next...
Well, if I am going to have a splurge I make it potato chips, and no I don't feel too guilty about it.  I usually keep it to plain just because that fits in with our intolerances but hey, whatever!   It sounds like you need to find some new favorite grain free foods, anything you think you would like to try and maybe someone can give some ideas?
Not on GAPS here, did SCD before, no desire to go super restrictive again(I shutter at the thought of an all soup diet).  Although, my diet is mostly compliant naturally.  I have cut out potatoes and sweet potatoes in the past but currently eat them, I have no issue with them.  TBH I am not a fan of any particular diet, more of listening to your own body.  There are so many of different healing diets, some allow this and some allow that and one that allows this says that...
laohaire- that is awesome!  So, glad to hear you are feeling better.  The energy difference is always amazing to me as well.  It is like I am on crack sometimes and the desire to be active as well.    I made it all do w/ no fruit and no tummy issues!  I did have 2 dried figs before bed and that was ok- the figs and dates seem less problematic for me.  I made a super yummy soup for lunch yesterday, just a basic stew w/ some soup bones I had, lots of good yummy fat in...
Welcome to the new ladies!   I agree w/ upping the fat and elminating the intolerances.  Root veggies are great for filler if you can tolerate them.  I have been eating them a lot more as I need the extra calories as of late.   Dessert ideas- mmm- I don't know!  I used to do a mix of coco oil, cocoa and a bit of honey every day.  I should start that again.   I had been eating more fruit as of late.  Oh, my goodness, they are yummy but don't agree with me.  I...
cmh-good luck on going back to school!  I know I would not be up to it right now!   We are quiet here for several reasons.  First I have been a busy bee around the house, cleaning, decorating, and organizing.  Secondly, I have made some resolutions for the year which means I am spending my time on things other than the computer, shock I know!  Lastly we are just doing basics these days.  I have decided to give up on this trying to make him in First grade business. ...
What are you eating, and how much?  How long have you been strict with it? 
aimee, prayers for your family.