or Connect

Posts by crunchy_mama

I just checked out the virtual wallet thing it seems to be an actual account itself.  It talks about fees if you don't meet min restrictions.  I guess it would depend on what you are looking for and what you want a program to do for you.  I have my auto pays set up through my bank acct, which earns me 5% int.  I really don't need something else to do that for me.  I like watching where the money is going.  Mint sends you reminders about various things and updates at the...
I will say it again but www.mint.com links to all your accts- credit cards, savings, checking etc and is FREE.  I do a fair amount of transfers and can easily relabel them.  If it is a recurring transfer you can have it set up to automatically label it appropriately and put it in the budget category that you set up.
Hiya- I have done a lot of organizing and decluttering  so most of the tasks are not very time consuming here either.  The less stuff the better!   However, when I get to basement cleaning/organizing I will be hurting.  We have let it go for the last several months(it is unfinished and just used for storage).  It will take a while to get it together!  I will be anxious to see next week though, this one seems pretty light- I guess because of the holidays.  So far though...
www.mint.com   It is free and easy and brilliant.  You can sync it with your bank and other accts, set up a budget and it will automatically keep track of how you are doing in each category.
Hiya Kara- Glad to 'see' someone here~ I am having to tweak as well.  I generally can get by with 1 load of laundry a day or less.  I have a super capacity washer though, that helps.  I try to do diaper laundry on a seperate day by itself.  I don't change my bath towels that often, but kitchen towels get changed daily.  I am not going to be wiping out the bathroom sink daily, it doesn't really need it.  Although, the toilet could stand a good wiping every day w/ little...
I have a tongue I have been meaning to make thanks for the recipe.  I make liver pate fairly frequently, probably today for lunch actually.  I generally have chicken livers as they are easier to come by.  We love it.    I did have grains(corn tortilla chips) a few days last week.  Totally regretted it. I didn't sleep those nights.  Funny how before corn chips were one thing I would indulge in even while being 'grain' free and I still felt good.  However, I didn't...
double post
Of course if you have the year saved up then you could put that toward the mortgage if you desire.  My checking acct. currently pays more interest than the interest on my loan.  By the time I have 1 yr s expenses (in 2 yrs time) it will be almost enough to pay off the house if I desired.  But in our situation it wouldn't make sense, might as well have it in case I need it and earn more money on it.  Besides the fact our house will be paid off in 5y11m from right now...
Congrats Jessica!   I decided to take an unscheduled break, yep after I planned everything out.  We did our 9 wk Math test and we need to review some concepts.  I just decided if the kids from ps get 2 wks so can we.
Hello- anyone still here?  I got the list finished yesterday.  It was a good amount of work but not too much.  It helped keep me on track.  I could have easily went and did this thing and that.  I did do a bit extra but tried to restrain myself, I tend to go overboard.  I did get all my sweeping done yesterday though and I see it is on the list for today, so I guess that just makes me...