or Connect

Posts by julesmiel

So glad to find this forum! My husband and I are expecting our first and planning on using EC. We're wondering what to expect in the first few days and also what kind of stuff is absolutely essential. (We have the diaper-free book but are wondering about other people's experiences.) For example, we're getting some cloth diapering supplies, but we're not sure how much. We're also getting flannel-backed rubber sheeting for the bed and futon, but is there...
Glad to see so many homebirthers here! This is my first, and we're planning a home waterbirth.
I'm not getting the test. My midwife/naturopath is suspicious of GD as a diagnosis and says there's no reason for me to worry because I'm healthy, active and showing no signs of problems. She is very willing to order the test for me if I want it, though. Julie
(Haven't posted in a long, long while -- just returning to list.) What a relief! It's not just me then, huh? My pains are relatively mild, but enough to make me wonder. Julie EDD 4-30-2005
It's so interesting to hear where all your names came from! Mine is a combination of my first and middle names. My name is Julie, and some family and friends call me Jules. My middle name is Melissa, which means honey or honeybee (or something like that!). So I just took the French for honey -- miel. This story is a bit longer, though. I was trying to find a user name for Yahoo that wasn't taken. I had tried about 1337 names and then out of desperation I...
Hi, I'm new to this forum and just want to share that I understand exactly what you went through! I started bleeding at five weeks in August, and my husband and I thought for two days that I was in the process of losing the baby. This is our first child, so I didn't know about threatened miscarriage, and my initial symptoms led my naturopath to believe I was having a miscarriage. We grieved, accepted the loss, told family members--everything. And then on the...
Hi all, I'm going for my third appointment this Thursday. I love my naturopath, who is my regular doctor and also a certified midwife. It's great to already know and trust her. My husband and I are planning a home waterbirth, and he's been going to appointments with me. Very different than any typical doctor's visit we've experienced in the past. I never feel like an object. It's very low key and conversational, and absolutely no unnecessary exams or tests are...
Hi, I just joined the forum today. Please feel free to add me to your list. Julesmiel (Julie) -- first baby, April 30. Anyone else planning a home waterbirth? Thanks, Julie