or Connect

Posts by julesmiel

Quote: Originally Posted by mamamekas Our new little guy was born 13 days before his due date on April 10, 2005, 12:07pm. He was a whopping 9lbs 5oz and 21.5 inches long He is *such* a laid back baby & we are really enjoying him. Christina SAHM to Brendan 6.6.03 and Owen 4.10.05 Quote: Originally Posted by kate~emmasmom owen patrick made his arrival a few days early thursday, april 7 8 lbs., 3 oz. 21 1/2...
Hawkfeather, It's Julie from the April 2005 mom's thread. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to ECing! I know I'll have plenty of questions when the baby comes in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I've absorbed all kinds of great information here.
I'm so glad the staff members were supportive! Congratulations.
Quote: Originally Posted by sarajane So, does everyone do weekly appointments at this point in the pregnancy? I guess that's the protocol, but my midwife let me skip last week's. I'm going in today, but there just doesn't seem to be much left to do except wait. Quote: Originally Posted by FreeRangeMama I have no appetite at all at this point. It seems to me that I lost all appetite toward the very end of my other pg....
Congratulations! I remember what a relief that was, but it must be much more of one when you're 38 weeks pg! Relax and enjoy.
Quote: Originally Posted by wan2bemama This whole pg has been pretty great, and I hate to complain, but... My hips hurt sooooooo much! about the hip pain! My midwife's assistant stopped over yesterday to use me as a guinea pig for a baby positioning/mama relaxing technique she wanted to try. As it turned out, it felt wonderful on my hips and back. Maybe it would help? Here are some guidelines on how to do it. We just used my Maya wrap...
Quote: Originally Posted by letsnurse But it may be a moot point, as I am having ctx 3-5 minutes apart with a good amount of bloody show. Woo...here it comes again...this is fun... Congratulations! Hope you're having a smooth and easy labor.
Congratulations, goodcents. It's wonderful that you were able to go drug free!
Qerattsmom, congratulations on the arrival of Eileen!
What a harrowing experience, but with a beautiful ending. Glad you were able to avoid pain meds after all. Enjoy that baby!