or Connect

Posts by LLSR

Thanks to all of you for the feedback.   Mamakitsune, your second post is spot-on.  DF's ex has re-written history.  In her mind, DF was and is a horrible person.  She's convinced her self of that so as to better be able to convince others.  Her identity is that of the poor victim of an ex-husband who is a bully and a terrible father, and who is trying to take away HER child.  I'm glad your situation has improved over time. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I...
I wanted to get some thoughts from the wise moms on here regarding a couple of issues.   A little bit of background: my DF and I have been together for three years and have lived together for a year and a half. I have a daughter and he has a son. My daughter is with us 100% of the time and his son is with us just under half-time. The kids are just a few months apart in age and are in the same grade at school.   DF's ex-wife is very angry and very, very difficult...
Hi everyone,   I have posted on this board a few times, but mostly I lurk. Now I desperately need some feedback ASAP.   My partner's relationship with his ex-wife is very contentious. He has had to fight tooth and nail for every hour of parenting time he's ever had with their son. The schedule now is close to 50-50, with mom having slightly more time. It took A LOT to get to this point of nearly equal time. Mom is extremely manipulative and will stop at nothing...
I have posted here once before and got some great feedback, so I thought I’d put this out there for all of you to see if anyone has thoughts or suggestions.   I have a 5-year old daughter and my SO has a 5-year old son.  We’ve been together almost three years and have lived together for a little over a year.    Some background on the relationship between my SO and his ex-wife: they separated when their son was an infant, and she has done everything in her power...
Hi everyone. This is my first post here but I feel like I need some advice.    I lost my husband 4 years ago very suddenly in an accident.  Our daughter was 20 months old at the time; she is now 5.   I met my current bf almost 2 1/2 years ago.  We moved in together in November of last year, so coming up on a year ago.  We have discussed marriage but haven't taken any steps in that direction yet.  His son is 5 as well.  He shares custody with his ex-wife.  We have...