or Connect

Posts by dlb

I saw this a few weeks ago: War stops thousands of beating hearts.
I am so sorry to hear this. We lost one of our bunnies last spring, Beatrice, and I still tear up over her. I don't know how to explain this to a two yo, I hope someone else can chime in with some advice on this.
Gosh, she was so little then! How neat. And your having another baby! so cool that so many of you remember my garden, that a good thing to be remembered for. Take care everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome.
Hi CO, gosh what a memory! I always really liked you too. It looks like you are getting ready to make a big change, with a new job and all. Good luck on your interview. Oh, I am doing pretty well. Alot of struggles, but also alot of love and support from so many. The garden is still growing, and my 4 yo is now 6 yo and will be in first grade next year. A big change for me. Hi, Busymommy and Debrastorm, thanks for the welcome back.
I haven't been here consistantly for a while. Just sort of intimidated by the bigness of this place. But so many of you still hold a special place in my heart, and I just wanted to say hi! to as many as I could. (looks around) Anyone? DeAnna (aka Brittanicals)
Tara!!!! You and XM both in a thread, this makes my heart sing! I am so happy to see you guys. DeAnna Who loves xm and tara!
Els and PM are both such dynamic, intelligent ladies. They both had so much to give, so much wisdom and experience. What a loss for this community. If it even still is a community. I have enjoyed seeing so many of you guys here in this thread. (Hi Ms. Mom, how are your beautiful kids , but don't really think I will be posting here for awhile.) Too hard to be honest and feel safe, and too sad to have lost what was here.
MDC was my first online community, I guess around 2002. I was just blown away by getting to meet folks who lived in so many different places. I still talk with some of you elsewhere, but I only lurk here occasionally. Post even more rarely. It has just gotten so big, and I worry about being able to keep up with everyone. I am so grateful for the love I was shown, and the freinds I never would have met otherwise. It has added so much to my life. But I...
My own son was assaulted about two years ago. It is a horrible trauma to recover from, especially the emotional aftermath. I will be thinking of him and his parents.
Hotmamacita- I thought I was the only one who loves both Zeppelin and John Michael Talbot! Cool. I love, love, love Neil Young. I know ever note, even the off ones! (I have told some people here the story of my telling a pastor that Jesus Christ was more like Neil than Jerry Falwell). Oh, and I love Guns and Roses, "Sweet Child O' Mine." I put together a CD with that song to start, two Neil songs (live and studio versions of "Rockin' in the Freeworld"),...