or Connect

Posts by boricuaqueen327

From what my daughter tells me, they use the fitness tests to set goals for themselves. For example, my daughter scored "outstanding" in 4 of the skills but she has set a goal for herself to improve a bit in each one for next time. (For example, to do 50 crunches instead of 46 next time.)  From what she says, it seems positive and age-appropriate.  The kids are just encouraged to improve their previous scores and to strive for their personal best.     However, the...
My daughter was very excited about her fitness tests at school this week.  She has been setting goals for herself and was really excited to see if she could meet them.  She got her scores today and she met 4 out of her 6 goals. She was very happy.      She then read the rest of the report which labeled her in the 96th percentile for weight and put her in the "obese" category.  She wants to know what that means.   This is the same child who last week was in...
Thanks for the reply! Mountain Rose Herbs looks great! I think I am going to place an order soon!
I am a huge warm drink person.  I love coffee, tea, chai, apple cider....etc.  I am struggling to find organic, loose teas ever since our health food store in town closed down.  Does anyone here have an online store they recommend?  I am looking for herbal blends, particularly rooibos  because I am trying to cut way down on the amount of caffeine I take in.   Thanks in advanced! 
I am thinking about going back to using cloth pads for my period.  I was using organic tampons but our health food store has been closed and I am trying to stop buying the mainstream disposables.  My only concern is that I don't have frequent bathroom breaks.  I am a teacher and in order to use the restroom I have to run down the hallway in between classes.  When I was using cloth before I was mostly staying at home or going to school so I could use the restroom whenever...
My favorite dogs in the entire world are retrievers, mainly goldens and labs.  My first dog ever in life was golden and he was amazing.  A well bred, well socialized lab or golden is one of the safest dogs ever.  Notice  I said well bred and well socialized.  Good breeding and proper socialization will ensure that almost any dog is a wonderful companion.       I saw that you are going with a french bulldog, those are adorable, hilarious dogs.  They are so fun and...
We just got a new black lab puppy who we named Chip.  He is 8 weeks old.  We have had him for one week.  He is an awesome little man, very sweet and very smart.  I have a 5 day work trip that I could not postpone/cancel and will be leaving him and our other dog Betsy, with my parents for the five days.  They know my parents and are very comfortable with them.  I am trying to make sure that I don't forget to explain anything to them or forget to leave something important....
Here are some of my furry friends:   Betsy, she was adopted by my sis from the Humane Society when she was 8 weeks old.  She is a weeny dog mix of some kind.  She just turned 4.   Chip, our new lab puppy. He is 7 weeks old.   Meowee the cat.  She climbed in my window when she was 5 months old and never left.  She is now 1 1/2 years old.  Rudy (and not pictured, Max) the rat brothers. They are about a 1 year old.  This is a picture from when they were...
Ah!!!! I had no clue that there was a special needle.  I bet that will help alot.  Thanks!
Hello.  My dd received an 18 inch doll for Christmas.  The clothing is pricey, about $30 per outfit (at least $10 or more for knock off clothes from other stores).  I have tons of fabric and patterns but the t shirts are just NOT working for me.  I have cut and sewn at least 4 shirts already using different patterns/tutorials and not one fits right.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?  Perhaps a tutorial that might be easy to follow?  Thanks!