or Connect

Posts by sereneimago

My son who is 8 months has been extremely alert since birth... other than a brief colicky period, which we figured out stemmed from dairy sensitivity (which I eliminated from my diet til he was 6 months), he has been an extremely energetic, bright-eyed, curious, intrepid, happy baby.  At four months he could listen to me play an entire Beethoven Sonata movement on my cello, without his attention being broken at all.  He also amazed us and shocked us a little by speaking...
P.P.S. but in my experience, birth centers are way more chill about interventions
P.S. I gave birth in a hospital with liberal policies... because my labor was 70 hours long and water was broken for over 24 hours, they wanted to monitor us afterwards... I said no to lots of interventions... including Vitamin K, eye ointment, and a lung X ray But said yes to special lights for baby jaundice and some toe pokes, which they allowed me to do while nursing the baby( though it still broke my heart!)   In WA State where I am, you can opt out of...
I would NOT do an UC if you are undecided or uncomfortable with it! You never know what might happen... I had a very smooth waterbirth for my first child (even though was GBS positive)... but my second, I developed pre-eclampsia the very last minute and had to be in the hospital since it is a life-threatening condition. We had set up the tub for a waterbirth at home but I felt undecided and vague about it. If you feel that way it might be your intuition telling...
This guy was highly recommended by someone: http://www.westcaremedical.org/doctors_files/Doctors/Max%20Van%20Gilder.htm   He accepts Medicaid (according to the website!)   Here's what a lady said about him: " Don't know if he accepts the coverage you are asking about... but check. Max VanGilder, Westcare Pediatrics 212-787-1788. Know he supports ext bf, cosleeping not sure about delayed vaccination. Wonderful and seasoned professional!!!"
So happy for you!!!
I am almost 39 weeks pregnant and we recently moved to a new house that has quite a big property with lots of hedges, trees etc. and it is very close to the water in a rural/suburban community... an island, in fact. We were living in a nearby town in the countryside before, but for some reason the new house has brought out a new side of our cat's personality: SHE'S AN INCREDIBLY ACTIVE HUNTER.   In the past week, she has killed three rats, three mice...
I am almost 39 weeks pregnant and we recently moved to a new house that has quite a big property with lots of hedges, trees etc. and it is very close to the water in a rural/suburban community... an island, in fact. We were living in a nearby town in the countryside before, but for some reason the new house has brought out a new side of our cat's personality: SHE'S AN INCREDIBLY ACTIVE HUNTER.   In the past week, she has killed three rats, three mice and eaten...
I am almost 39 weeks pregnant and we recently moved to a new house that has quite a big property with lots of hedges, trees etc. and it is very close to the water in a rural/suburban community... an island, in fact. We were living in a nearby town in the countryside before, but for some reason the new house has brought out a new side of our cat's personality: SHE'S AN INCREDIBLY ACTIVE HUNTER.   In the past week, she has killed three rats, three mice and eaten...