or Connect

Posts by cvsprague

I am a middle school special education teacher of students with behavior disorders. My 1st ds was 6 months old when I returned to work and my youngest ds was 3 months old. My class size is usually quite small, given the population that I teach. I was also fortunate to have found excellent caregivers for my boys, so even though I was sad to be separated from them I knew they were being loved and well cared for. My dh also works at a school, so we get home around the...
Wish I hadn't wasted my time on "Baseketball" (by the South Park guys), "Ace Ventura" (Jim Carrey is much better in dramatic roles!) and "Titanic" (I know it's a universal favorite, but not in my universe.). I also was not able to finish "21 Grams", and I usually love both Sean Penn and Benicio Del Toro. Just couldn't enjoy that movie. As far as books go, I can read just about anything but there are a few that stand out as just not worth the time. 2 are by Stephen...
Love Will Come To You- Indigo Girls 7 Days- Sting Fast Car- Tracy Chapman Dead Flowers- Rolling Stones And the entire Led Zeppelin II album!
Breakfast Club High Fidelity Witness Pretty Woman Mystic Pizza
Ditto on the post-partum piles and overall "leakiness". I wasn't prepared for that at all the first time. Also, my first ds was posterior and I definitely wasn't prepared for that pain and duration of labor. (29 hours, unmedicated ) On a more positive note, I also wasn't prepared for the love at first sight or the fact that when I took a little time for me that I would miss my baby so much! All the "leakiness" in the world is totally worth it when I see that...
Miles Graham was born in a hospital, under the care of a wonderful certified nurse midwife. My due date was May 9th, which came and went without even a contraction. On the evening of the 10th, I started having contractions but they were very mild and I really thought they were just Braxton-Hicks. That night a girlfriend called and asked how I was doing and wanted to wish me well. As soon as I got off the phone with her (around 9:30), a contraction hit me like a freight...
Our family is thrilled to welcome Miles Graham Sprague, born Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 6:34 am. He weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 inches long. The birth was exhilirating, intervention free and only 9 hours long. He is doing great! Congrats to all on your new arrivals!
Our blended family has a long-distance spin on it! My DH has a 14 year old son from his first marriage. DSS lives in Germany with his mom and her husband. DH and I have 2 sons together, one age 5 and one 3 weeks old today. They (DH and ex) divorced when DSS was almost 3 and she moved back to Germany a few months later. Their breakup wasn't amicable and because of that she really kept DSS from having a relationship with DH for a long time. He was just trying to...
Hi and congratulations! My little guy, Miles Graham, was born on May 11th, under the care of a midwife in a hospital. I gained around 30 lbs. during the pregnancy and had a thrilling, quickie, drug and intervention free birth! He weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and is 20 inches long. He latched onto the breast almost immediatly and nursing is going great. He is my second and final baby! Nights are going ok, sometimes he does great, sleeping for good long stretches and then...
Rather than banking cord blood, we chose to donate with our son and will do the same for this baby. My OB recommended that last time, stating that if everyone chose to donate then no one would have to pay to bank their own. Made sense to us. Also we recently learned that our son's cord blood was used for a transplant patient, which really made us feel good about our decision. Food for thought.