or Connect

Posts by lilgreenowl

I think that hpt at 12 weeks is actually abnormal.  Some women's urine won't test positive until much later like yours, but I'm pretty sure that's not the norm.  I found this other site that seems to be helpful...however I am trying to hold out for as long as I can.  I'm actually really scared of seeing a negative.  My husband and I were devastated at our first being a miscarriage, but I had no problem with the hpt then.  However, that one was a surprise and I was not...
I ovulated on the 18 so maybe 21 days after conception would be this next weekend? or monday?  I purposefully have not purchased anymore home preg tests to make myself hold out on testing.
Thanks for the wishes! =) Still no period has shown up and I did run across this link that I thought was interesting http://www.justanswer.com/ob-gyn/4gvhx-hi-long-does-hcg-show-urine-16-dpo.html.   It basically says that a urine test won't show positive until the blood level is  between 1200-1500 units, which is around 21 days past conception.  I'm 18 dpo today, and i'm stil trying to hold out another 2 days or so.  Nothing is worse for me than coming back with...
I have been drinking a lot of water.  I think I will give it at least a few days or hold out another week if I can and then test again.  Thanks for the response.
For some background info : My husband and I MC this past December, it was our first pregnancy and a surprise.  We have been trying since then to concieve again.  My symptoms then were sore boobs, fatigue, and moodiness.   My current predicament is that I am positive I ovulated on the 18th of August and began having symptoms of breast soreness and bloating about a week ago from today.  I feel pretty strongly that maybe we did concieve, but I took a test tuesday the...