or Connect

Posts by kait

Yeah, her story about her experience with veganism is really interesting. But she kind of goes overboard in the OPPOSITE direction afterwards. There's nothing wrong with farming grain, so long as you do it properly. And there's nothing wrong with eating grains either. I fear her relationship with food is almost as unhealthy as it was before.   Hmm I should share one of my most favorite health articles ever. It's one I'd like to see pasted into the front of every single...
ashleybess - That's great to hear! Having the freedom to listen to my body enough to eat whatever I felt I needed, transformed my health so much. I'm so glad you are listening to your body. :) I never really considered how tv programs might change our perception of animals. Interesting thoughts.   beckaboo95 - You might find Denise Minger's thoughts really helpful in your struggle: http://rawfoodsos.com/the-china-study/ 
  Amen! :P  We need to be aware and informed, whichever service we are using.
Ah. Yeah it's far from a homeschooler problem. Loneliness can affect us in so many different situations. :(
Hmm... If you think you have PMDD then I would go see a Naturopathic Physician who is well trained in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.   I had pretty terrible PMS, with social anxiety so severe I could not answer the phone, the doorbell, or go out places. I could barely even write emails or post comments on blogs. I had panic attacks regularly.   But I started taking bio-identical progesterone, and I became so so so so much better. :) I go out places...
So how's it been going?   Personally, my transition out of veganisim was easy, but that was largely because veganism caused me to lose my period, so I wasn't on it for very long. XD My transition from low-carb paleo back to a balanced diet was much much more difficult. I had been avoiding carbohydrates almost entirely for an entire year...   The person who helped me the most through this transition was Matt Stone of 180 Degree Health. He specializes in "diet...
Sounds like you are doing great. I commend you! I grew up homeschooled in a rural area, and isolation was a pretty big problem for me during several years.   Oddly enough, I think introverts have a tougher time of it than extroverts. I am an introvert, and the activities I did each week (ballet class and church) were group oriented. The monthly homeschool group meetings, were also group oriented, and usually focused around games or other activities. Introverts need...
Oh that's a terribly sad story. :(   Just a few months ago a neighbor of mine had a similar experience. Incompetent surgeons cut one of her arteries while preforming a c-section on her. =/ It took them days to discover this. They couldn't figure out why she was bleeding to death in front of them. Makes me really angry. Thankfully they discovered it before it was too late.   Whether you go the hospital route, the midwife route, or a combination, you MUST do your...