or Connect

Posts by mistymama

I wouldn't jump to being "pissed" over this - if this girl has ADHD, that goes along with it. My son does, and trust me, that sounds exactly like something he would do over and over .. so many distractions and having to remember to get yourself to the help, it wouldn't happen.  Of course we are working on all of that, and he's 8 .. but I would NOT assume this little girl is just being lazy or not taking advantage of the help .. It appears to me she needs help organizing...
That is so very sad.   I used to be more relaxed about pregnancy - I would take Tylenol, eat deli meat without heating and after what happened with my baby Gavin, I have an entirely different outlook.   Growing a baby is such a fragile process - so much can go wrong. Infections do happen, drugs to harm, and yes, while the risk is usually pretty low .. it can happen to you. It happened to me, and trust me, once it does, you would go back in time and do anything...
nm
I hate homework, it's boring busywork in my opinion. And for my son, he already knows the material so it's just a waste of all of our time. He's got a teacher this year that really likes to pile it on too.   That said, it's what is required of him, and I expect him to do it. If he does not get it done at home he'll have to stay in and complete it at recess the next day .. but I don't allow that to happen - we do the homework at home and send him to school prepared....
My son does the same thing, and I understand, because I did it as a child too.  It's what happens when they have very powerful emotions and don't quite know how to deal with them .. plus I know in my case, and my son too - we are just hard on ourselves. I always have been, and still am.   When my son first started doing that, I would stop him and say, "I know you feel that way right now, but that is not true, you are wonderful.." blah blah, it made things 10x worse....
Thanks Abbie.  Glad there is someone here that understands the challenges. Wishing you the best as well
I meant to add that I have started a blog to journal this pregnancy .. if anyone is interested in our story you can read more   http://journeytoarainbow.wordpress.com   I hope to participate more around here, I'm just cautiously joining. Our first OB appt is Thursday, and depending on how that goes, I be around more.
Abbie, I've only been lurking here, but I will introduce myself since I can totally identify.   As you can see from my sig - I had a baby boy born last September, and he only lived for 10 weeks. He had a very rare brain malformation called lissencephaly (smooth brain). We went through all of the genetic testing, and they could not tell us what happened. Many thought it was infection (which is less than 1% chance of recurrence) but it could also be something very...
Well I usually help and my kid is almost 9. I look at it like I ask for his help often around the house, so if he asks for mine, no big deal.   That said, sometimes when I just can't help him for some reason, I find it is best to give him one small job at a time and have him check in with me when it's done.  I'll say, "Ok, put all of your legos in the bin" ... "Now, put dirty clothing in the laundry"  etc etc. Helps him stay focused and get it done faster, plus he...