or Connect

Posts by DharmaDisciple

12 years ago a pregnant mum I met had a baby boy, perfectly healthy, really beautiful. She got him vaxed. He had a severe reaction and fitted causing severe brain damage. He never walked, spoke, intellectually impaired as well as being disabled. Last week I attended his remembrance service. He died in his sleep aged 12, he would have been 13 next month. I remember his mum crying to me once that she wished she had never got him vaxed. (I know it's rare) he was a beautiful...
I am looking to make a few friends who I can Facebook who are attached parents and send their kids to school. We no longer homeschool and I find all the homeschool threads on facebook make me feel very sad and guilty. I would love to connect with moms who school, to share about our AP lives and children who we love very much.   I have a 11 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I live in the UK but want to make friends from anywhere x   Anyone interested?
I think you should ask your question on the learning at home section, you will get lots of ideas. My 6 nearly 7 year old can only read simple things and is building up his sight words. But 8 does not mean he has learning difficulties.   In Donna Simmons Language Waldorf book it gives an overview writing precedes reading introduce letters in an imaginative, pictorial way write whole sentences which your child copies into his book you read aloud...
I will be following Christopherus 1st Grade, I did look at OM but decided it was not Waldorf enough plus I like I can flex a lot with Christopherus, I have loads of their books and I absolutely love them
Hi everyone, I am in the process of pulling my son out of school so he won't start 1st grade this september. We will be following Christopherus's 1st Grade as I had that for my daughter a few years back. I will be spending my next week planning for that and gathering resources ready to start a new phase in our lives. I also need to think about rhythm for the family, I think we can all benefit from this.
I want to pull him out I just need to persuade dh, I am hoping to post the deregistration letter to the school on Theo's 7th birthday on Friday, I think it will be his best birthday ever!
My son started school when he was 5 for one term. At that time I was taken ill and was in hospital for a period. Theo suffered severe separation anxiety, never knowing if mummy was going to be at home when he finished school. He didn't settle at school and was upset every day often alone. So after a term I took him out and home schooled him for a year and a half.   But where we live we are socially isolated and he had only a few friends he would see once a week,...
My son age 6 (September birthday) was homeschooled but joined school for the last 8 weeks of summer term. He will be carrying on this septmber. But he cannot read very well. He knows his basic phonics but not many sight words nor english language rules. All the other children in his class can read and he seems to be struggling with this aspect in school. He is given a reading book every day to do which is good but this will not help him develop with his phonics rules. So...
Hiya Candice, I am gonna try the South Beach I am desperate to lose some weight but want a really healthy way to do it. I am vegetarian but think I can modify it to suit me. Am gonna read the book over the next few days and start very soon. Will join you xx
Dh may well let me stay at home as a homemaker if I can persuade him, I will just have to come up with ideas with him why this is best for me, I have to work on the reasons why he should be at work earning for both of us when I no longer have the children to justify that.   I love the idea of Montessori teaching, they do it via correspondence for 2 yrs with an 11 day workshop so that is doable then I can get a job in a nursery failing that I may just end up in a...