or Connect

Posts by mother nurture

She's off to a good start! I am not!! My dd is really liking kindergarten- no tears, comes home excited, and is finally making friends. Here first day was not so great. She was really trying to get use to the new environment and ease into the class routine. Other children were approaching her to make friends. My dd told them, "I'm not capable of deciding if you are going to be my friend until I get to know you." Couldn't help but laugh...of course we had a...
Hi there. I am wanting a recommendation for a site, book, article, something with a list of all the toxins to avoid in products to share w/ my dh. I am hoping to find something that is fairly up to date. I can devour the web, but unfortunately I need a jump-start due to a tight schedule. If anyone knows of a great book or could just put a list together I can do the rest of the footwork. I've started, but am feeling slightly overwhelmed. Thanks and happy New YEar!!!
How about a Quiche of some sort-that's if you do eggs! I use to prep everything the night before and then just set it in the oven with some yummy multi-grain bread. Now my dd helps me make breakfast, so I don't feel so bad sitting in the kitchen cooking together
I just wanted to send some love and support to you and the other mamas who are walking in your shoes. I teach early intervention to children with ASD. All the children I work with are 2-5 years old. I know how frusturating and difficult days can be, but also how fully moved you can be by your child. I wanted to jump in and add onto PikkuMyy's comment on sensory seeking. i would guess your ds is trying to regulate his body and get sensory input in anyway he can. In...
I am having horrible trouble w/ what I think it TMJ disorder-jaw pain, headaches, ear pain/clogging, sinus congestion, neck pain, etc. I grind and clench my teeth when I am stressed, which has been most of the last few weeks. I had a root canal recently and had contributed all the pain to that. Well, my tooth feels much better and all the other pain and symptoms have not gone away. The endodontist said it was a sinus infection. I treated it unsuccessfully for a sinus...
I only have a quick moment w/ the hope to have more time later, but i wanted to share this article w/ you mamas http://www.christianitytoday.com/tcw...0.html?start=1
Dying to self... I believe that dying to ourselves is what Christians are called to do. The self represents the flesh, the world, the tangible, the material, etc. God requires us to die to ourselves, lay all things in our lives infront of Him, so that He may have His way with it. This is how Christ comes alive in us. When we are in a me me me place, Christ is unable to come and manifest Himself in us. When we really and truly take ourselves-our wants, needs,...
Welcome mamas! Frog-I think that it would be wonderful for you to be involved My op came from my experience and what is going on in my life right now. However, many people have relationships that can be difficult due to a lack of belief (spouses, children, friends, parents, co-workers, etc.). or even due to a difference in their person Christian walk.
As a Christian, I am to glorify God. To worship Him with all my heart and soul. I am also a wife, mother, teacher, daughter, sister, friend, etc. With that being said, though...the first thing I must do is love God. Then I love my neighbors(family, brothers, sisters, strangers, etc.) This requires me to seek Him first and foremost. To love Him above all else. As a busy mother, wife, etc...God understands my responsibilities, but I also must worship Him above all...
This thread has been something that I have been debating on starting for a while now. With the recent inter-faith marriage thread and some other discussions God has led me to, I decided to be obidient. Being a believer, married to a non-believer, and raising a daughter in a Christian home is difficult. I know there are other mamas out there who are going through this. It can feel lonely and frusturating, but we must not loose faith. The intention of this thread is...