or Connect

Posts by RainCoastMama

Get them a moonjar bank - moonjar.com - I'm getting one for DD for Xmas - basically 3 compartments: Save, spend, donate.
The first year of school usually means one illness after another - I personally think it's healthy to be exposed to things to build immunity. Kids incubate things, touch things, lick things, pass it all around, and not necessarily when they're symptomatic. I was hideously hyperaware with my first child - I wanted to put her in a bubble and was really po'd at parents who brought in sick kids. I chilled out - sick happens...it happens a LOT in school. Her immune system is...
Many of my friends use e-invitations, e-cards, e-thank yous. It's fine. i prefer it rather than the clutter. God help me if I kept every single card me or my kids have ever received...not the musical ones from grandma, but the dozens of bday invites, xmas cards, thank yous. We'd be swimming in garbage. I prefer e-cards - my SMALL part to contribute to the planet. What a waste of trees.
What a horrifying story! Good for you to listen to your gut and see what was really going on Can I also recommend that you get DS into an external peer-based group, like scouts, or martial arts...something where he has a peer group outside of school where the goal is positive socialization skills, being a good citizen, and so on? Given that his internal compass is probably not pointing to very good self-esteem at the moment, it can only help boost his sense of self....
*bump*
Preschool started. Right before that, I went away for 5 days for the first time evah, away from my DDs. Right before that, I nightweaned. Potty regression. Like, pooping where there was no poop before. She'd been PL for about 7 months, poop-wise. Now, since the beginning of PS, poop, poop everywhere. Including on the carpet today. Please, hit me with your best advice (anything practical as well totally appreciated) btw DD is 2.8 yrs old.
Yes, I am a grown woman with curly hair that I flat-iron to death. I'm bored. It's all one length, really long. Do you have bangs? No? Like 'em? Hate 'em? What looks good and what to avoid? I wanna get my hair cut on the weekend, possibly with those 'side' bangs, the kind with a side part that look sexy on everyone else...