or Connect

Posts by RainCoastMama

Lightly toasted pine nuts, then lightly toasted cashew nuts for me...mmm
I want an Indian smilie with a bindi... :
I bought the Safe Side vid and both of my DDs absolutely love it and watch it over and over (they're 2.5 and 4.5) It goes through situations where they are unsure of strangers, ie. the mail carrier, that sort of thing, instead of the trench-coated stranger in the bushes. Protecting the Gift - another 2 thumbs up from me. The book is one of the best in its category. And roleplay so that they have things to say/ideas of what to do at their disposal. Giving them words...
The words 'street savvy' and' 2 yr old' are incompatible to me. Really? Street savvy? Able to evaluate or forecast danger and take appropriate measures? From big (and small) dogs? Big (and small) mean kids? Cars, bikes, men in trench coats who have been surveilling the place b/c they know the mom 'trusts' her 2 yr old with his own safety decisions? For god's sake. Really? Mom taking a calculated risk? How about calculated stupidity? Kinda like those Brit parents in...
I developed a banana allergy at 16. Had the same thing happen as you did. I avoid them like the plague unless they're cooked (ie. banana bread/muffins) which dismantles the protein. On that note, I suddenly, at 35, developed a hideous reaction to nectarines. Hives everywhere. I looked like the Thing I think they're related to the banana family. You'll get used to avoiding them, and soon lose the taste for 'em. I know, sounds terrible now...