or Connect

Posts by RainCoastMama

Thanks again for your replies. I have reconsidered the situation and will take appropriate measures (talking to everyone involved). He just turned 6 and is quite hyperactive and friends with older boys, so it doesn't surprise me that he is acting out. The mom was embarrassed but tried to make it seem 'funny' - she, and the father - did have a talk with him. They were on him like glue. Thanks again, and I'm going to request the thread be closed as I haven't given enough...
You know, after reading these responses, I have a different take on the issue, and initially did not even consider it as manipulative - probably b/c I don't know what is 'normal' in a 6 yr old. Thank you - I'm definately considering a different approach and will likely do what the AP said and talk with him, and set boundaries for my household. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in that this is s/t kids just do, but now...maybe not so much. Ugh.
*Thanks everyone for your replies!
Role playing and library books that touch on the issue of bullying, standing up for yourself and others (eg. the Mercer Mayer Critter series) - we did these with DD and it became a reflex to stand up for herself, and how to do it. Sometimes they just need the words. As well, as a side note, finding a positive peer group that is structured for regular meetings is a good idea - eg. Girl Guides, gymnastics, etc. Finally, the Bully, the Bullied and the Bystander is a...
I thought it was common knowledge that it was for paramedics/firefighters in an accident, to ask/look around for an expelled child. And we have stickers, not the suction cup ones :shurg
Drive by the Cars Woman by John Lennon Time by Alan Parsons Project Your Wildest Dreams by the Moody Blues I'm so a child of the 80s
Not anxiety so much as high irritation/short temper/rage, even, at no one andnothing in particular. Sprinkle in a bit of blues/depression and viola. Hormones. I'm in the midst of it. My face looks like a 16 yr old's (and I didn't even get zits as a teen ).
Quote: Originally Posted by onlyzombiecat My dd is 8. Something that I feel is different with having a girl is that I feel more pressure to be a role model than I think I would for a boy. She will be looking at me and comparing herself to me for how she, as a woman/mother, should or should not be. As scary as that is sometimes I also feel like I have a special bond with dd because of our shared gender. There are a lot of life experiences we'll have...