or Connect

Posts by RainCoastMama

Hmmm...my 31 month old still nurses to sleep and we just got back from her first dentist apt. Nothing. All clear, all good. She's also a frequent night nurser (tho I'm on night 3 of trying to nightwean). DH is obsessive with tooth cleaning - both DDs are religiously brushed and flossed. There is some sugar in their diet (ice cream, cookies). Maybe some of it's genetic - look at your own dental history perhaps?
* When travelling, email important information to yourself on a web-based mail system so that if you ever lose your passport, credit cards, etc. you'll have all the information at your fingertips * It's ok to smile at strangers - it's amazing the impact you'll have on your (and their) day * Don't save good/expensive things for later - linens, underwear, perfumes, soaps, stationery. Indulge in the moment and celebrate life! * Trauma? Talk, write, paint or sing...
Gosh, I'm so there with ya right now. I started working 2 days a week and the 3x nightwaking to nurse was REALLY wearing on me, my family, the quality of my work... Tonight, as I type, is night 1 of attempting to night wean My DD, 2.6 yrs old, just woke up and DH is comforting her downstairs. She'd pitch a tantrum to high heaven if she knew I was home...DH told her I wasn't. She's calm now. I just got the BFing equivalent of a nicotine fit listening to her cry for me...
I want to send some your way - I pull up this thread everytime I'm on to see if you have any updates. I am so thrilled that you're not regretting your decision, and that you have support : If anything, the time away will allow you to clear your head. Keep strong, mama - you're doing the right thing.
OMG it was so totally windy today! Wierd with the sunshine and all. Where were you camping? I so glad you excaped unscathed...we rarely get weather like that, all wacky.
Quote: Originally Posted by lolalola But see, no one (I think) is arguing that a woman 'must' have a degree, or 'must' be in a committed relationship or 'must' own a house with a white picket fence prior to procreating. You see, there is nothing to challenge there. The cold hard fact remains that we live in a world that overall, does not support women and children. Would you disagree? Education is paramount to surviving in a...
Wow - I had no idea about the guage thing! Mine definately healed within a few months, but I had a bigger guage. Actually, I had it done twice - the first time with a gun in little India (never, ever, ever do that - it damaged my cartilege and caused an infection). The second time was with a real piercer and a needle, and autoclave. I : my nosering (I now have a wee stud in it - more appropos for work..)
Quote: Originally Posted by magstphil Let's recap here- teens can't be good parents because they don't 1) have a college education 2) have financial stability 3) have a specific amount of acceptable "life experience" (what does this even entail???) I am looking at this list and realizing there are a lot of older parents who don't have a single thing there. What are we saying about those parents? Lets do a poll here on MDC and ask how many people have...
Quote: Originally Posted by milkydoula I am really not trying to be purposefully obtuse I am just trying to understand how people define a "good parent." It is hard to have a discussion about seemingly the same thing, when you are using different definitions. For example: when i think "good parent" i think someone who is loving and gentle with there child, someone who is willing to sacrifice and put their child's needs above their own. Which i think...