or Connect

Posts by kellykins

I am hoping for some ideas to help my poor guy out.  My son (age 3.5) had a horrrible ear infection in December, to the point of lethargy and fever - something he had never had in previous infections.  Dr decided to give him Amoxicillin for the first time.  My daughter reacts with welts to Amox, so we have steered clear until then.  He got what I guess would be a textbook case of "amoxicillin rash" on his torso near the end of the course, but it kicked the ear...
Well, that was wierd... Trying to confirm I had my mix right and I stumbled upon my first post to this thread.... in 2005!! wild.   Ashlee, I would think it would still do the job.. I am 37.5 weeks and have not been consistent about the tea as of yet.  I have a strong infusion mix going right now - which is what I thought I remembered to do? I have the 1 packed cup leaves to 4 cups water and steep for up to an hour mix going now. This will be my second "batch" at this...
Well, I drank the tea I made with the old RRL I had in the freezer, no effect on how I felt, which was a surprise as I was expecting at least a tightening feeling this late on in pg.  I got some more at Whole Foods and made the tea again yesterday (I did 1/2cup RRL to 2 cup water, steep just over an hour.  Also added some rosehip, chamomile and nettle to the mix.)  Same big ol' nothing effect.  I went ahead and ordered another 1lb bag through amazon (tip: if you happen...
I bought a lb of rrl at the end of my pregnancy with my second (3.5 years ago) and it has been in the freezer since. I was not good about using it and used it very weak compared to what is described here ( something like a tablespoon to a 10oz mug). Ended up two weeks past date and hemmoraged badly - enough to nearly need a transfusion. I am now 36 weeks (ok almost 36 weeks) and am just now getting out the rrl.... The same rrl that was in the deep freeze for 3 years. I...
I am interested in making my own tea blends, but haven't a clue where to start. A friend recommended some that are good for pregnancy and relaxation, and I got some of the components... But what to do about ratios? How much of what herb for this or that, etc? And how much per cup of tea of the blends? Any online (free) resources??
You can also buy Frontier herbs through amazon. I have not compared the prices between the two though. I am wondering how do you know what ratios to make your teas with? How much of this, how much of that....
Thought I would chime in- Hydration is a big deal. Drink as much water as you think you need-and then pretty much double that. Early in my pg, I actually craved water! Getting enough sleep is soooooo super important also! I am usually someone who can go to bed at 1am and get up at 6:45 no problem. Not now. I need 8 hours or I am a grumpy bear!!! I also just picked up some Earth Mama Angel Baby Peaceful Mama tea and I swear I feel like I have been a different mama...
chocolatechip- I am also heading up the end of March (edd the 30th, anticipating at least April 5th or so LOL)  Have you felt any movement yet? I still have occasional questionable bubbles but I have yet to have any solid "OH, now THAT was baby!" feelings.  I would think @ 17wk I would feel something... Especially iwth my 3rd... IDK!   I have had a horrible horrible, unending cough that is finally starting to improve.  It had kept dh and I up at night- he has it too...
Cabbitdancer- so funny! I was, too! My dog- who is now 11, is named Tenchi
Cabbit- that totoally sucks. Im so sorry, tooth stuff ooks me out. totally OT, and sorry if I am worng... but Cabbit...cabbit as in ryo-ohki from Tenchi?