or Connect

Posts by LovemyJax

Hi everyone! My son Jax is 3 years old and was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder in July 2011. He was a typically developing child, except for being a late walker, at 15 months he lost all eye contact, speech and started "stimming". He has been in therapy ever since. I did the 2 week parent training at TouchPoint and that has helped a lot. Jax is now attending early childhood development in the mornings and HeadStart in the afternoons. He also gets 10 hours a week...
Hi. I have been going through the same thing with my 3 year old son. He is our first born and he now has a 6 month old brother, so sleep has been hard to get around our house:( I tried melatonin but he would wake up in the middle of the night very upset. After a lot of conversations with his doctor we decided to try him on Clonidine. We started with .1 mg and increased to .2 mg, and now we are all sleeping!! I give it to him around 7:00 pm and he is asleep by 8:00 and...
Yes we have had his hearing tested. No problems there.
Thank you! We have tried EVERYTHING! We have seen a DAN doctor and put him on supplements with no progress. We have also tried the GFCF diet with no progress. My son doesn't have any "gut issues". Im hoping school and continued ABA therapy will get us there. Thanks for the feedback:)
First of all this is my first post and would really like some tips or just other parents experiences similiar to mine. My son will repeat words when prompted but he still has NO spontaneous speech:( Not even mama or dada. He just started preschool at Early Childhood Developement and is also getting ABA 2 hours per day. Ive heard some kiddos on the spectrum do start talking once in school and typically around the age of 4 or 5. I would give anything to hear my little man...