or Connect

Posts by bayviewbill33

Why or why not? I think it is o.k. for our son to play with toy guns when he gets a little older (he will be 3 in August). DW is totally against it. I think it is ok so he can play cops and robbers (good vs. evil). I did it as a kid and it was great. We built forts behind the bushes at my house where I grew up. IMO, I think we are overreacting when a kid plays with a gun. I do not believe it will make him violent at all. I think when he turns 5 he should be able to...
I want my ds to participate in Scouts. I think it is a good organization that teaches boys good qualities - honesty, trustworthy, etc. etc. I think it will be good for him to meet other boys and make friends. Their belief in God and their stance on homosexuals does not bother me. I do not recall the Boy Scouts teaching me intolerance towards anyone, of course that was 20 years ago and I doubt (though I will look into it) their literature is teaching boys to intolerance...
Quote: Originally Posted by Electra375 I'll reply b/c my dh is sitting here with me and I asked him, but I already know... TMI but he wants his favorite type of sexual gradification IYKWIM 2 of them What does "IYKWIM" mean?? My coupon (I pronbably do not deserve one!) my coupon would be for sex. Period. Since my wife just had kidney stones and we have a 2 month old, I guess I would settle for watching a bowl game, wings from Hooters...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jwebbal And as if the true agenda of some of the far right isn't becoming apparent enough, there is this- http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnew...6768316400.xml MONTGOMERY - An Alabama lawmaker who sought to ban gay marriages now wants to ban novels with gay characters from public libraries, including university libraries. A bill by Rep. Gerald Allen, R-Cottondale, would prohibit the use of public funds for "the...
On Sunday, 11/29, my wife, son, daughter and myself went to the mall. I decided I wanted to wear our daughter who is 1 month old. I did not get any dirty looks. But I did get looks of what appeared to me, surprise. I was trying to figure out if they were surprised I had her in a sling or that me being a male I was wearing her. Hmmm. Anyone else had this happen?
r
Quote: Originally Posted by Greaseball I guess, just to be fair, students (and staff) should also not wear anything pro-or-anti any religion, race, music group, political candidate, soda pop, tv show, animal, gender, sports team...after all, why wear something that someone else might DISAGREE WITH? : They should all focus on their "learning!" Start with the first amendment...or did that somehow not make it onto any standardized test? You...
Quote: Originally Posted by Meiri Homophobia doesn't have to be a medical condition to be real. Racism isn't a medical condition either, yet it exists. Misogyny isn't a medical condition, yet it exists. My house isn't a medical condition, yet it exists. ALL words are made up. They don't occur in Nature, they're a human construct to communicate human concepts. A phobia is a medical condition. Therefore, homophobia is not real because there...
Quote: Originally Posted by sadie_sabot Care to clarify? b/c this doesn't make much sense to me. Please explain. Critics have observed that homophobia is problematic for at least two reasons. First, empirical research does not indicate that heterosexuals' antigay attitudes can reasonably be considered a phobia in the clinical sense. Indeed, the limited data available suggest that many heterosexuals who express hostility toward gay men and...
Here's a concept: how about the kids go to school to learn and not wear anything pro gay or anti gay. Ahh the wonderful ACLU. This is an organization that defends NAMBLA. FYI: There is no such condition as homophobia. That is a made up word.