or Connect

Posts by jacquelinej

Baby Caspian Pierce born May 14, 2013 at 11:04 am.  8 lbs, 12 oz via last minute c-section.  Missed my VBAC, but maybe next time.  
Congrats PM!  Baby Caspian was also 8 lbs 12 oz but 21" long.  He had the long finger nails, dry skin, wrinkled hands and feet etc, too.  I didn't know that was post-dates look, but now that you mention it, the doula said something about that too...  I wonder if post-dates has something to do with how large my placenta was too.  Did you get a weight on it?
I got a  preliminary report and photos on mine last night.  Mine was particularly interesting to the encapsulator, doula and midwife.  It was very large, weighed 2 1/2 lbs and could have supported an 11 lb baby (whoa!).  It was also highly calcified, the cord was attached of to one side instead of center and was very ''friable" meaning that it was breaking down rapidly and might have torn under regular labor.  This might be why I could not seem to go into labor and stay...
Oh finally, resolution.   Caspian Pierce was born on Tuesday 5/14/13 at 1104 via a last minute planned c-section.  8 lbs, 12 oz and 21" long.  Both of us are doing great, I didn't get my VBAC but at least now I have some answers as to why.  So I will get to that soon.   I'm still in the hospital and will be until Saturday.  He's nursing like a professional, I am so surprised at how well he's doing and he lost 8 oz but started gaining again today.   So he was...
So cute kimble!  I sure wish I had more time for my crafts right now and less dr appts!  If I could sew in the middle of the night on a machine without waking everyone, I certainly would.
Well I hope all the waiting mammas are doing well today. All this waiting is certainly difficult. My prodromal labor has been low key these past 2 days when today I started again and I thought it might actually happen this time. I think this is the most frustrating part. After 6.5 hours of increasing pain and contractions, it slowed and stopped...and I fell asleep. I was exhausted. I didn't know what had happened until my doula called to check in on me and the phone...
Congrats eepeepee and FarmerMama!  Such cutie pies!
  Lynann,   Thank you for sharing that.  All I keep reading about are super quick labors after prodromal labors and it terrifies me.  I have lost my plug once, and I know it's regenerating...sigh.  Seems like this is never going to happen!  I also cut down on the Magnesium, I only take it at night just to help me sleep.  Seems to be working out OK.  Did you take EPO?  I have 2 sources, one saying take it, the other saying don't because it increases cervix contractions....
  Oh I am very worried about this because we live 45 mins away from the hospital and I have a history of hemorrhaging after birth...and I can't tell if it's the real deal or not, even though my doula keeps telling me I will know when to go...and yet, I know I don't!  An unplanned home birth...ugh.  Why can't my life just be a little simpler!!??  I can tell now that baby was possibly posterior but has now turned and started to drop.  But I still wonder if I am imagining...
OK berrymama, you just put a name to all the crap I have been dealing with for the past 9 days!  Not that it makes me feel much better now that it has a name...I looked up my symptoms and wondered if this is what I was experiencing.  I think you and I are due about the same time.  In the middle of the night, I often wonder if it will ever commence....let's get this going or leave me alone already!  I have no problem with him camping out longer, but all this other stuff...