or Connect

Posts by jacquelinej

We are gluten free because DD is intolerant/allergic and I am celiac.     We use mostly GF mixes that are already pre-mixed.  I have thought about buying individual mixes and making my own mix but we don't have a lot of space to store a lot of flour AND we can't get them in Japan.  I would need to order them from the US or bring them over and since I am counting the months until we return it's not worth it for us.  I think it is worth it if you can find a mix recipe...
Hrm, the wine thing has come up for us quite a bit.  I really enjoy my wine, I don't drink anything else other than water, tea and occassionally coffee.  Plus I don't eat sweets for the most part so it is my only 'splurge'.  Pre-pregnancy it was 1 glass/night, but I didn't have one every night.  That said, I had to explain the conflict and the source of the conflict to DH when I got pregnant.  I have not yet given into the desire, deciding that I would wait until I was...
  OK, you'be twisted my arm.  I did not even know he had short stories, I will check those out, especially since I have an ereader.     I bought Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering online last night.  There is a e-version.  Spectacular!  Started reading it today...
I don't have 2 now, but soon will.  I also planned to have DD share with whichever comes along boy or girl, at least for a few years.      I was raised with 2 brothers, one older, one younger, 4-5 years apart.  There was a period of about 3-4 years, up until I was about 9 or 10, when I shared a room with them.  It was fine.  We always did private stuff in the bathroom (changing, etc) and never had a problem.  And we all went to bed at different times.  
My mother would like to be involved in this birth and baby moon...I am not sure why although I have my suspicions.  She has beaten all around the bush but not yet pushed into stating that she wants to be more involved in this birth and baby moon then she was with DD (who was an emergency c).  It is probably for a selfish reason (like, if I need her help post-pregnancy she would have an opportunity to travel out of state/country).  That being said, she is also not the...
  You are a brave, brave woman.  I can't read Tolstoy, I would never finish reading another book!  I attempted, but failed, twice.  Then I decided there were too many other things to read.  Of course, I detest Hemingway, and I read 3 of his books for school of course.  Maybe I'll try it again, it's been 15 years.     I am interested in reading both of these books, I hope I can find them to borrow while I am stateside in November.  
  Have you heard from him yet?  Maybe something else is going on in his life ATM that is distracting him?
I had a lot of up and downs with this pregnancy.  Scared me the first time at 5-6 weeks, not so much this week (8 weeks), especially after a good bout of MS.  Seems like just when I think it has all stopped, it starts again!  But MS is about my only sign I am pg right now, so it makes me a little anxious when it disappears.     Good luck at your US on Thursday!
So I did a weigh in this am.  Today I am 8w1d and I am now under my pre-pregnancy weight.  Attributed to severe MS I posted about in another thread and quite possibly actually getting enough exercise.   I also finally figured out how much I am walking.  I am walking about 3-4 miles a day, its just broken up into 2 milers usually.  Saturday when we went into town, I did 5 easy walking miles (had DD with me) and came home with a really sore and swollen ankle because I...
nstewart, I don't know how you could wait so long!  You are so patient!  I, on the other hand, with all of my anxieties, want to know asap so that I can be ready!  LOL.  We will be revealing at 20 weeks I am sure!