or Connect

Posts by jacquelinej

Kashi does have gluten, but I do have a gluten free cereal and I have forgotten to refill my container...thanks for the reminder!     Yes, I have sprouts too! (they don't sell them in Japan, I brought them with me).  Got to start a new batch though.  I am so far behind on 'normal' stuff. Wow, there are some great ideas and directions here too...now if only I had the energy...   I can get milk, but I'd have to make yogurt with almond or rice milk.  We stay away from milk...
Whoa, good ideas here!     DH just took a trip to the US and is bringing back nuts.  Nuts in Japan and nuts to pay for, they are too expensive, as is the nut butter.  But at least I can get nut butter.   MarieWalter, Greek yogurt, I don't think I have seen it here.  But I am cautious about the yogurt because sometimes I don't know if it is gluten free and nothing in Japan is labeled as gluten free.  I might have to try it to see, because it does sound appealing...
So it's a little tricky for me, but I am finding that if I am eating protein about every 1-2 hours, I don't get nearly as sick.  The problem is that the only source of protein I can make and carry with me (that I can think of) is homemade chicken fingers.  And since I am celiac, the food has to be gluten free.  Anyone have any ideas?   Eating sugar makes me more ill...and most foods are not appealing especially if they are heavily seasoned.  I am trying not to overdo...
Japan is so freaking different on so many fronts...it's just another thing to pile on the list.   We had our first scan done and lo and behold, I was right.  My size is perfect for my O date.  I don't know why they estimated my DD as 2 weeks earlier then it should have been, but oh well.  I did hear a heartbeat at 116 BPM and saw the baby but it was too early for an echocardio (where they check the heart function).     So they gave us the runaround about choosing...
  So also an update from me.  We had our first scan done and lo and behold, I was right.  My size is perfect for my O date.  We did hear a heartbeat at 116 BPM and saw the baby but it was too early for an echocardio (where they check the heart function).  I'll update the appointments thread in a moment about what they told us.   I told my closest friend and her DH on Sunday, who is also a close friend of my DH.  I almost didn't tell her.  And if she had told me first what...
It's funny the showing thing came up again.  I was getting dressed 2 days ago and DH looked up and said, "I think you are starting to show" in a rather sweet and apologetic way (because he knows I m sensitive about my body).  I looked at him and I said, "Is that with or without clothes?"  He said "Without" and I said "Whew, OK I can deal with that!"     Once I start to show with clothes, it's going to be tough to find clothes to wear because I will be limited to my...
Hrm, gee whiz, I read a lot.  There are currently 6 books on my desk or IPad for birth/pregnancy.  One is Aviva Romm's Naturally Healthy Babies and Children.  It has a pregnancy section too.  Another Aviva Romm I am reading is The Natural Pregnancy Book.  I also have Herbal Healing for Women by Rosemary Gladstar.  It also has a pregnancy and birth section I am reading.  I have a couple issues of Pathways to Family Wellness on my IPad too which frequently has good...
So we have been working on this...but Monday was not our best day.  I woke up with a flaming left eye from a full blown case of conjunctivitis (which I get on a regular basis) and a swollen ankle and leg from a fall I had the previous week.   I apparently walked too much on it Sunday and it rebelled.  So Monday DH was really upset because he felt that a lot of the regular chores and housework that I do was going to fall to him.  And it did.  But there was no avoiding it,...
I am hesitating to commit because I have had miscarriages as late as 13 weeks.  I would really hate to see another change in leaders in the group because of my loss.  
Hope it goes well today!  Morning sickness, although terribly unpleasant, can be a reassuring sign.