or Connect

Posts by jacquelinej

Thanks!  Ok that's cat, I know that one and haven't tried it yet.  So will do shortly.
Drop side cribs - yes, Bailey that's what was happening.  But I had it happen with my new crib too, when DD was first in it.  So we tied the sides up so it could not be used as a drop side.  Kate you might want to do that if the side seems lose.  I have since (long time ago) given away that crib (kick, kick, although I could not have kept it for this long!) so I would not intentionally but another drop side that I was not intimately familiar with.     Oh man.  The...
Ugh, we are in this to our eyeballs.  I am glad you started this thread!   We have no family living close by.  Everyone is 16 hours+ that could come and help.  We are flying my mother in (if I were not desperate...I would probably chose someone else although she has promised she will be on her best behavior and knows that she may not end up with a care provider when she needs it later!).  We are doing a 'test run' first in the end of March when she is supposed to...
Thanks for the quick replies.  Yes I just went back to my chiro last week for the first time and have another appointment tomorrow.   OtherMother, what is the cat-cow?  Is that the one with your head down hips up?  That seems to alleviate it, but I hate doing it at 3 am and then I can't go back to sleep...  I guess I should just accept that I am headed for newborn land of waking at night and sleeping during the day :p
Anyone who has tried the special pillows (Snoogle, etc) for pregnancy and have active hip pain, did it help?  Did you find anything else that helped?  I have tried the wedge pillows with no luck.  I am getting desperate...
Thanks!
Let's see, I gained 15 pounds with first pregnancy, ended at 24 weeks (still birth).  I lost 10 lbs before the next pg.  Got pg with DD 6 weeks after, gained 30 lbs or so with her.  I was already overweight by about 40-50 lbs so I really didn't need to gain more.  But I had pre-eclampsia with DD and lost 21 lbs of fluid/other stuff before I left the hospital 5 days after the birth.  Once I got BF'ing going, I lost the other 9 lbs very quickly.  I was back in pre-pg...
Jessmn, I love those swaddlers, I'll have to see about making one or two.   Wow, Berry, those are great.  What pattern did you use for bibs?  Did you use a waterproofing on the backs?     I'm still mulling over what I'm going to make in my quazy crazy mobile sewing area (machine, sewing basket, thread bag and bag of fabrics!).  I have been buying fleece since it is on sale (2.99/yd at JoAnn's) to make bibs, blankets, and burb cloths.  And I also just got some...
For those with abusive parents/relatives:   http://www.slate.com/articles/life/family/2013/02/abusive_parents_what_do_grown_children_owe_the_mothers_and_fathers_who_made.single.html   I came across this today and this is something I have been really thinking hard about for the past few years.  Just wanted to know what you thought.  I still have daily contact with my mother and father via Skype.  Some days it's OK other days I feel like I could reach through the...
My beads are going off tomorrow.  My apologies to anyone who can't read their card.  My rheumatoid arthritis is playing havok on my hands and other joints which makes doing anything with my hands more difficult.  I will write out the inscription in the spoiler below.       [[SPOILER]]