or Connect

Posts by jacquelinej

TImes that's a good picture of you.   I hope all are better, we also had the stomach virus, at least DD had it and I think DH might have had a bit of it too.     Our big plans for NYE is DDs birthday/DH's bday (his is the day before).  Sigh.   If I could have picked a different day for DD to be born on...   So we were planning to stay low key as we did for Christmas.  But things have changed.  For NYE, we will be low key and easy meals, probably have our junk...
  I also have a very intense DD and she was from before day 1 (birth).  I have a big fear of not getting enough sleep because it is me that usually is taking care of her, not DH (her step father, but even still her real father would not lift a finger and her step father does a lot more for her) especially when she is sick, scared, lonely, etc.  DH has finally come to recognize that when I say I 'need to leave the house for a cup of coffee' he doesn't nag me about the...
Thanks Loogiejane!  A few of those are on our list, with Julian being closest to the top.     But Julian is getting quite popular...also considering Julius but I like the lack of an 's' ending in Julian...
nstewart, can you change my EDD to May 16th and definitely having a boy, on the next round?  Thanks :)
I checked out nameberry.com which was pretty neat but had all the typical ho-hum names...at least that's what it came up with for my preferences.  I'll have to check into other ones but none I have seen so far have been much different.  I feel like I am hunting for a needle in a haystack.     With DD I had 5 names picked out, and as the due date got closer, that names got narrowed down to 3.  When I meant her, I knew what her name should be.  For my son I had no names...
We are having a tough time with this although we only discussed it once. Since we had the genetic testing (and super douper confirmation on gender) I think the brainstorming will have to begin. Our last name is also a first name and we initially thought we would do a first name with the same letter as the last, as mine now happens to be since marrying DH. He really really likes this idea, but I now realize that it was lucky that my first name was slightly similar to...
I think I'm having issues as well but mine are partially explainable only because we have so much other stuff going on (moving half way around the world can do that). So I haven't bought anything except a stuffed ow doll and made a baby quilt. We don't even know yet where we will be living when baby is born, plus arranging for both grandmothers to arrive and all the other logistics has me a bit over anxious. I think (hope) it will get better once we are at least back in...
I did some research...as I am want to do...and I learned that humans are the only mammal that do NOT eat the placenta after birth. I find that really interesting. Does anyone have good website to read from? I don't think I will be up for dehydrating my own (always wiped for a long while after birth, mostly due to the return of RA symptoms) so any hints on finding someone to do it? I haven't had much luck with a web search for those in my area!
Yup I'm on it, love it, but not on it too much right now. S many other things to do! But I'm going to look for some baby ideas soon....
Ok, those are top of my list for need to get then. Probiotics have been a lifesaver for me and were so hard to get into dd when she was a baby.