or Connect

Posts by mnmoore3

Hi All!  I followed the old thread and just found this one (I wondered why there had been NO activity on the old one for months lol)... I am Misty, mom to three - two via foster care adoption and one via SURPRISE pregnancy after years of infertility.  Our two older girls, now 14 & 16, are bio sisters we adopted through foster care at ages 6 & 8... Our bio is 4... All three girls!!!  We have seen a lot of "nonsense" through the state foster care because my parents did...
My girls do NOT have contact with their bio family, except their younger bio siblings.  Bio dad is in prison and writes to them and me at my mom's PO Box but the girls don't see the letters, they have no desire.  We do keep them because one day they might want to see them.  Bio mom knows my name and my cell # and the same PO Box.. .Sadly, she could careless about contact with me or the girls.  She got out of prison, got pregnant and thje state let her keep that baby (most...
    Probably AOK, although I hardly ever posted there... :)  There's no way you have ever heard the name Jelluassy from someone other than me, I am sure!
Queenjane... No, they were never on a photo listing.  We knew the day we met them we wanted them so there was really no need.  Have you been on any Yahoo adoption groups??
My daughters were adopted at 6 & 8 years old and they both started calling us mom & dad right away.  My friend adopted two girls from foster care at 11 & 13 and two years later they still call her by her first name but refer to her as "my mom" (she adopted as a single mom).  All 4 of the girls (my 2 and my friends 2) have called their bio parents by their first names for years (my parents had all 4 in foster care before they were adopted, so I have known them for several...
My husband and I are both white, our 2 daughters that we adopted are both Mexican.  They were 6 & 8 years old when we adopted them.  Luckily for them it wasn't an issue, but with other kids it was.  Does she go to a daycare or school?  If so, it could be kids saying something.  If thats the case, maybe you could go to the library and check out kid friendly books about adoption and have the teacher read them to the class (my 4 year old takes books to school all of the...
MountainMama and everyone else trying to patiently wait... It is so worth the wait in the end.  My advice is to stay on top of your case workers, ask questions and if you don't like the answer you get, go over their heads.  We ended up having to go to the Governors office twice and even contacted the President's office when we were adopting our daughters.  Also, the Dave Thomas foundation for Adoption was trying to help us.  Our girls bio parents were in prison and were...
They always called their bio parents by their first names, we are mom & dad.  Now, my 15 year old (adopted at 8 yrs) likes to refer to them as her sperm donor and egg donor...lol  :)  But, from my experience with my parents doing foster care for years, normally they call bio's by their first name.
Our adopted daughters were in foster care with my parents for 3 yrs (the oldest - 8 when adopted) and 2 years (the youngest - 6 when adopted).  We had no other children so that helped.  We see their 2 younger sibs as often as possible.  We talk about being adopted, about their heritage (we are white, they are mexican), etc.  For the first few years we did EVERYTHING as a family. We took them with us out to dinner on Valentines Day, anniversaries, etc.  We included them...
Hi Purplegal,   My husband & I adopted two girls (bio sisters), in 2005, at the ages of 6 & 8 years old.  Bio parents were both incarcerated, so open adoption was not even an option.  They do have an older sister whom we were willing to allow contact with as long as it was positive for our girls.  Unfortunately she was into drugs, so it was not good for them.  I have sort of maintained contact with her over the years, but it is very on again, off again and NOT...