or Connect

Posts by jillbriana

Thanks for this thread. I've been thinking about the same thing.   We have a seven-year-old male cat, with intact claws, who is very loving and, um, very large now (18 lbs). He likes to sit on our laps, sleep with us, etc, and occasionally he will get riled up and swipe at us with a paw (playing, but he has the claws...). He is afraid of children, and will run away when he hears young voices, but I've never really seen him with a baby around. I hope he just ignores...
Thanks so much MarieWalter. The "narrative arc" of labor was particularly comforting to me, as I'm an English teacher and that's one I can grab onto. I'm a first-time mom too.   The pain is less now, a few days in, after lots of rest and tylenol and lots and lots of fluid. I'm thinking that I may also have pulled a muscle in there, or exacerbated that ligament by doing flip turns while I lap swim. Once I heal up enough to exercise again, I'm going to be going much...
After escaping nearly all first-trimester symptoms (morning sickness), at sixteen weeks I'm having yucky round ligament pain. It was worse a day or so ago because I was dehydrated, so downing Gatorade and apple juice has made it more tolerable. But sleeping and walking are so hard. How long will this last? I feel like if I'm suffering so much with this discomfort that I'm really in for something with labor.
  I have been thinking this exactly! It's my first pregnancy, and I only recently decided that I want to have a child, so I guess I haven't really been tuned in to the whole scene of pregnancy and pregnant women before. I was out with some colleagues the other night after a lecture (surreptitiously sipping my club soda and lime) and the talk turned to pregnancy. The lecture had been about contraception and the Affordable Care Act and we sat talking about pregnancy and...
Hi!   I'm 34 and pregnant with my first, due about May 15th. I'm a teacher too, Janad810, and feeling pretty lucky that all my calculating and planning for this due date seem to have worked out. I'm not quite sure about all the acronyms yet on the message board, but will figure them out soon. :)
Thanks for the tip on black tea! Think I'll steer toward the green now.  
I've been a morning coffee drinker since I was about 14 and never thought I'd be able to quit. When I first found out I was pregnant (very early, since we were planning and trying) I went down to 1/2 to 1 cup a day/ watering it with warm milk, and the past few days I've just had green tea or black tea, which has some caffeine but not as much as a cup of coffee. Here I am, alive and typing, and with no headaches--which I thought I'd have for sure. I'm tireder at the end...