or Connect

Posts by Miss Ess

Not much time for a birth story right now, but Connor was born April 22 at 9:48am weighing 5lbs 6oz and 19.5 inches long. Another PPROM, and labour from the time my water broke was just shy of 2 hours.   He's currently still in the NICU because they want to make sure he's breastfeeding enough, and we're still not sure when he'll be coming home.
Congrats Paceman on what sounds like a wonderful VBAC.
Sorry in advance if this is all a bit rambling...   I am 34 weeks 3 days today.   Our first son came furiously at 35 weeks 2 days, after PPROM. He was healthy, but a lazy nurser, and spent 2.5 weeks in the NICU. This whole pregnancy I have been trying to stay positive, and convince myself that this baby could make it to term. I am quite short, and have a bicornuate uterus, so we knew it would be a bit of a challenge.   I have been having a lot of mucus-y...
My first came at 35 weeks 2 days, and has done everything his own way, on his own terms, since the day he was born. A colicky, high needs baby that turned into a super spirited kid who never slows down or stops moving, even in his sleep.   His brother seems much calmer so I'm curious to see how the rest of this pregnancy will play out, and what his temperament will be like when he's born.
44 days to go, but more or less just praying he'll stay in there the next 3 weeks and 2 days!
Had a midwife appointment yesterday. Second appointment in a row that baby has stumped them a bit in terms of position, so given my bicornuate uterus and history of PTL I am headed for an ultrasound next week to confirm position.   Hopefully he's head down, as if he's breech we'll be headed to the hospital for delivery. At least I've been assured that if he is breech, we will still be going ahead with a vaginal delivery as long as he's in a favourable position.
We started at 4, but I am always in the next room, and I leave the door wide open.   I make sure to check on him occasionally, and verbally check on him more frequently. He's usually pretty loud in there so it's pretty easy to tell that he's okay most of the time.
My first came at 35w2d. While we desperately wanted a home birth, I would not feel comfortable with a home birth before 37 weeks. Maybe 36w6d if this second baby decides to be difficult .   We still had a wonderful, natural birth with our midwives at the hospital.
My first came at 35w2d. While we desperately wanted a home birth, I would not feel comfortable with a home birth before 37 weeks. Maybe 36w6d if this second baby decides to be difficult .   We still had a wonderful, natural birth with our midwives at the hospital.
Since my first birth was just shy of 4.5 hours long, I plan to call them as soon as I'm sure it's real labour.