or Connect

Posts by momma-bear

Tiff4ny, can you sign me up for the FB group? Thx
Just wanted to pop on and recommend a book my fiance and I have both enjoyed. It's called "The Joy of Twins" by Pamela Novotny. Seemed appropriate for the title of this thread. Some of the product info is outdated as this gem was written in 1988. But it is thoughtfully researched and well written. I'll let these lines from the intro sum it up: "I have two hopes for this book. THe first is that it will enable you to find your best way of caring for yourself and your...
Oh my goodness, hugs! That is ALOT to deal with. Being on your own for that amount of time each day is exhausting, I know. All we can do is be tough and persistent in our efforts while these little ones adapt to their new lives.    A couple thoughts for Wyatt and finding time for his neck exercises. Wether breast or bottle feeding position him so that he has to turn his head in the opposite direction as much as he can and show any helpers how to do the...
BOTH babies slept from 11-6am today!!!   Including the miserable last month of pregnancy, it has been almost 5 months since I slept more than 4 hours consecutively. Anybody else elated about their first full run of sleep in a very long time? 
14 weeks today! They just started reaching and batting at toys this week. Amarra yelled at a stuffed dog until I moved it close enough for her to touch. And Sierra is so chatty with her cooing. They both had their first underwater experience this weekend also. We did quick dunks and the girls just went wide eyed and smiled. I want to take them to infant swim lessons in another 3 months. It's so hot here in AZ. The pool is the only way to be outside for a few months. I...
We cosleep with our twins. But sometimes it's nice to have private time in bed. I think some Dads are nervous that cosleeping will put an end to intimacy. If we need that time together and the babes are already asleep, we lay them down in their crib with the baby monitor on. Then when they wake up I can hear them before they start to cry and bring them to bed with us. Just an idea. But baby's needs do come first. Snuggle that LO every chance you have.
My fiance and I have different opinions on the finer details of soak, prewash, wash and rinse cycles . But we both start with a cold soak and end with a hot rinse. It's worked so far. I also carry a little to-go stain treater in the diaper bag. If there's a blowout that dirtys the cover I just rub a little in. We finished with our diaper service this week. So now the real laundry fun begins, lol.    IronMam - thanks for the link on latching. I think Sierra gets...
So this thread got me thinking. I didn't even realize how often I hear similar comments. I feel like those are just the cliche things strangers say and are easily forgotten. When I was pregnant people talked about how hard it would be with two infants. Now they warn me about the two teenage daughters I'll have down the road. To be honest I was the one totally freaked out about having twins. But guess what? It's great!   My twins are 11 weeks old and I really can't...
Anybody have advice for "clicking". I don't know what else to call it. The smaller of my twins isn't gaining weight as well as her sister. I'm not really worried, but I was wondering if I could help her out a little with improving her latch. 60% percent of the time she feeds perfectly. The rest of the time there is a repetitive clicking sound each time she opens her jaw as if air is being sucked in. It looks like she has a good seal with her mouth around my areola so I'm...
I've been thinking along the same lines. DF is really big on protecting the girls from the sun. But when we camp out under the trees on the weekends, we let the girls hang out naked in the diffused sunlight for a bit. Added bonus, they love it! All smiles while they wriggle on their blankets.    Went up to Sedona for an extended weekend to work on wedding plans for October. We did a tasting with the caterer and took the babies with us. Fiance was really nervous about them...