or Connect

Posts by MommaMeggles

Where I live (Alabama), midwifery is not even an option.  There are some who live close to state borders who choose to go out of state for their care, but for many of us that is not an option.  I had one prior miscarriage which was a missed miscarriage discovered at the 8 week ultrasound - many women miscarry yet continue for weeks with no symptoms of the loss.   With only 1 loss, I am not being treated as anything other than a normal healthy pregnant woman.  Standard of...
We are going to try Postcrossing.  She is really excited about that.  she seems more interested in that than in having a consistent penpal, actually.  I worry she wouldnt keep up with the consistency of a penpal and i would have to push her, it would become a chore if she would rather just send postcards you know
We struggled with this a lot in the last few years, but seems to have stopped now.  I adopted my daughter, so it was also mixed with a lot of "you arent my mom" and other hateful words.  My standard line was "love is stronger than hate.  and I will ALWAYS love you, you cant change that"   When she was being particularly hateful, I would say "i love you, but i wont allow anybody to talk to me that way" and remove myself from the situation.  I cant tell you how many times...
Hi!  I am looking for a penpal for my 11yo daughter.  She attends public school but needs some extra help with her grammer, writing, and handwriting.  I got her excited about the idea of writing letters for extra practice and she is really interested in writing with somebody her age - actual letter writing, not email.   We live in suburban Alabama, and hope to find a penpal her age either in another part of the USA or in Canada.   A bit about her - she is 11, in...