or Connect

Posts by kyne

this still bothers me so much. i have never told my birth stories. my beautiful son is almost 1 year old. i keep thinking i'm "over" his birth. it was one of the worst days of my life. i have some peace about it now but it has been a very painful emotionally experience for me. my first son (now 3.5yrs) was also an unplanned c-section (after over 3 days in labor at home. at 43 weeks). i vowed that i wouldn't let that happen again. i did my own prenatal care, enjoyed a...
my email is oisinsmum@gmail.com if you would like to communicate privately. it would be great to talk with real people who are touched by this. i live on a very small island with not many people so my chances of meeting anyone who understands my awesome son or how he feels are slim! but it would mean alot to us. thanks!
hello, my beautiful son has an arachnoid cyst in his left temporal lobe. i didn't know until recently when he became very ill when it ruptured but he has been symptomatic for some time i just didn't understand until now. he is almost 3and a half. he had a craniotomy fenestration 5 weeks ago in america and is more comfortable now. we are waiting to see if he will need a shunt. i am trying to understand as much as i can about this condition and i would love to connect...
i didnt do any ultrasounds for my second son. i did have 2 ultrasounds for my first son (one early for dating, my dates were waaay off... and my homebirth midwife requested a second at 42 weeks for legal purposes to check fluid levels/placenta because he was postdates.) both ultrasounds i chose to have for my first son were as quick as possible for a specific purpose that i felt was important for my situation. i didn't feel any need to have any for my second pregnancy. i...
an update in case anyone in the future reads this...   no, it turns out that this behavior wasn't normal.   my son oisin had emergency brain surgery a few weeks after i posted this question. he has a congenital defect with his brain that i had no idea he had... until he began to get really (very) sick. looking back now that i know i can see things that weren't 'normal' (like not wanting to eat anymore& wanting to nurse constantly instead)...because he...
my son 3yrs LOVES the book Momma's Milk, yours might too   just sharing
maybe i should add-- that i produce enough milk, but it feels like all i do is nurse somedays. well, that and clean. ha.   thanks, fruitfulmomma, did u nurse 'on request' everytime? or did u do something to try to limit in any way the nursing?
ps.   he does eat some food every day-- but not much.   a cup of blueberries or a banana or a rice cake...   but not much!
hi i have been dealing with this for 7 months now, since my second son was born. my first son, age 3 now, wants to only nurse since bro was born. i nursed him thru the pregnancy even tho my milk was very low at the end. so he was eating plenty of food on his own. as soon as brother was born and my milk came back in he hasn't wanted to eat. so we are tandem nursing, but i am feeling frustrated with the situation. when i have tried to limit his nursing (gently...
i recommend this documentary to anyone here. i watched it last night on netflix (it is a NOVA film) and i had to pause it several times to go into bed and hug my two young sons (3yrs & 6 mos. both planned home births...both "delivered" by traumatic c-sections). im having a hard time healing/dealing with the births of my sons & thoughts about future births-- i just joined this group. but i recommend this movie. i think it has changed some of my feelings about my...