or Connect

Posts by kyne

Raising our children Raising ourselves is a good book too.   my 3 year old son just started 'drama' when the baby was born 5 months ago, so i understand what u describe sounds just like ds1 lately. the lego doesn't fit how he wants it to, the sock is inside out, oh no! huge drama. but this book helps us sometimes, at least it helps me so i hope that i'm helping him too. the other thing i realized is that since baby was born my son has watched for the first time...
right now! tandem nursing a 3 year old and a 3 month old. the boys love to nurse, but sometimes the sheer time and patience it takes from me to be nursing both boys on demand (im stay at home mom & a solo parent!) is very tiring.   i know this is the best thing for them & i am so glad that i am able to provide these years of moments full of unconditional loving mothering care. i hope that someone will read this and see that you can nurse through a pregnancy &...
thanks very much everyone who took the time to reply-- i called vital stats on the next island over and they said that they have the documents for homebirthers & to just come in after baby is born to get them. i kinda wanted to look them over now in case there is something in there that i ought to be doing before the birth- but i figure having the one preg confirmation via doppler heartrate that i did should be enough. im due any day... so it's nice to not have to...
hi  im still nursing my 2.5 yo son and am around 37 weeks w bebe #2. it was alot harder/less comfortable a few months ago for me. i admit i started drinking mothers milk tea again (ill take my chances w the herbs at this point...) when it was nearly unbearable for me and either the 2 cups a day helped bring a little milk back or it's just some colostrum- but the tenderness had decreased alot and i can actually make a drop here and there again. my son seems to...
didnt mean to double that.   no we dont have a doctor here (there is only one family clinic anyway) i didnt know if it was weird to sign up as new patients before the baby was born-- or if it is weirder to do it after *chuckle* legal stuff makes me nervous. and ideally i'd like to not have my newborn baby in the walk-in clinic right away, but i dont want to be doing anything negligent either.
thank you so much for replying...   do you know, is that for the virgin islands, or just in general?   some posts i have read have pku requirements and u have to present the baby for exam within 'so many' days after birth.
thank you so much for replying...   do you know, is that for the virgin islands, or just in general?   some posts i have read have pku requirements and u have to present the baby for exam within 'so many' days after birth.
im having a vbac homebirth unassisted in a few weeks. i went to the clinic for a pregnancy confirmation at about 20weeks. i dont know how to find out what im legally required to do for the newborn where i live.   my first son was planned homebirth but i transferred and he was born c-section at a hospital in america. so they took care of the 'paperwork' and he had a doctor exam. he has never been to a doctor since because he hasn't ever been sick.   i live...
im having a vbac homebirth unassisted in a few weeks. i went to the clinic for a pregnancy confirmation at about 20weeks. i dont know how to find out what im legally required to do for the newborn where i live.   my first son was planned homebirth but i transferred and he was born c-section at a florida hospital. so they took care of the 'paperwork' and he had a doctor exam. he has never been to a doctor since because he hasn't ever been sick.   i now live...