or Connect

Posts by ladybug3228

that grandma's emotional instability is contributing to ds' difficulties. His grandmother is using him as her crutch - her 'happiness' - to get through the day. If her life revolves around your son, literally, what is going to happen when Ds begins to develop a life of his own, wants to explore new things, go new places, and isn't available to spend the assigned days with his grandmother? It's time to nip this unhealthy situation before it becomes a bigger problem than...
Ladies, thank you all for the valuable advice!! An update on my situation - any advice welcome. Sorry, this is very, very long My parents had a live-in housekeeper for 18 years; she was with my family since I was in grammar school. After my mother passed away she moved on, and is now working for another family in another city. She spent the last couple of years with my parents basically taking care of my mother during her illness so my father could work. You...
Hi ladies - I'm a working mom with a 2 year old ina really nice pre-school. I love it, and so does my son- but talk about expensive! Anyway, I'm expecting #2 in August, and since I'll need to go back to work, we've been trying to come up with ways to get around having both children in this preschool at the same time. Granted, they have a great program for infants, but the fee for an infant is even more expensive than for a pre-schooler. Have any of you all...
Becky, there is a federal statute prohibiting insurance carriers from not covering insureds for pregnancy; pregnancy can no longer be considered a pre-existing and thus not covered - so if your carrier is telling you this, point out the federal statute and bite them with it: The HIPPA (aka Health Insurance Portability Act) act of 1996 forbids treating pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. Check this link for specific details on what the Act...