or Connect

Posts by Skelly2011

Baking soda! That's a great idea. How much did you use? For anyone who sees this in the future, the routine listed above did a great job. Everything came out sparkling white (or hemp brown or whatever) and smelling less like unholy death..
Here you go, from babycenter: "David Geller, pediatrician A newborn can have as many as eight to ten bowel movements a day, but as long as she is having at least one, she's probably all right. One day without a bowel movement is usually no cause for concern. As long as your baby is feeding well and wetting her diaper five or six times a day, then she's most likely getting enough to eat. If she starts to become uncomfortable or has a persistently swollen abdomen, then she...
You're right, he is a little young and I didn't consider that. As far as I remember my son got to his once or twice a day status at around yours sons age. Prior to two weeks there was the meconium thing, and then he was on a medication that made him go constantly, but I remember around the time he came home at two weeks it drastically decreased. I just can't imagine what could be wrong with it if everything else checks out. There were a couple of times in the first weeks...
For what it's worth, I'm also on 10 milligrams of citalopram and have been able to breastfeed with no side effects to me and the baby. It's important to remember that there are simply too few studies on breastfeeding safety and medication. It would be extremely unethical to give a potentially harmful drug to a breastfeeding woman just to see what will happen. Because of this even the most innocuous drugs may simply not have the data to say "yes, this is definitely safe"....
Hi ladies, and welcome to mothering! Im Sophia, mom of 3 year old DD and 6 month old DS. Mothering is a very warm environment and I'm sure you'll be able to find answers to all your questions. New n young, I just wanted to extend a hello to you personally. I'm also a queer woman and a young mom (I was only a year older than you when I had my first). If you feel you need support with anything feel free to send me a private message.
That actually sounds pretty typical of a breastfed baby to me. My son has always been a once or twice a day tops guy too. Does your baby show any signs of constipation when he does go? Generally speaking if your baby has a minimum of 6 wet diapers a day, is gaining normally, and not showing symptoms of constipation, however much he poops is totally normal. I'm actually a little confused as to why your midwife is so concerned.
I triple agree! My son was a NICU baby who was to sick to latch initially, so he's always had bottles one way or another. Since he's been home it's been about one or two a day in supplemental feeds. My case, just like the previous poster, it's far more difficult to convince him to take a bottle. He vastly prefers me and we have to go through this whole song and dance where he spits his bottle out and will keep trying and trying to get more from an empty boob, rather than...
Ugh, diaper stripping is by and large my least favorite variety of stripping. *rimshot* So as far as I know our current problem is a mildewy ammonia-y thing. Maybe over or under using the detergent. This time I'm going to go with an initial wash on the highest heat and most water possible with rockngreen, borax (waaaaay less than the box recommended) and oxi powder (waaaaay less than the bottle recommended). Then I'm planning on running two more cycles, hottest and most...
Lately Ive been struggling with my almost four year old's independence and attitude and I thought it might be nice to put into words what I love most about her. I think most of us moms would probably like a moment to really stop and think about all the amazing qualities our kids have without being caught in the day to day moments of stress. I'll go first. DD, sam, is three years old. She is just so well rounded. She makes friends with everyone she meets, young or old....
Bahahaha, Ed Begley junior! I don't know why that's cracking me up so hard.