or Connect

Posts by Skelly2011

I have about a dozen paper thin cotton flats that I picked up three years ago at a local cloth diaper store and am now using with my second baby. No brand name or really anything special, just a huge cotton square. It's the customization aspect I love so much, I can turn that plain square into basically whatever I need it to be.
Ooh I like this one! When you catch your three year old holding a breast pump to her belly button, and when asked says she's trying to get some juice. (maybe this one is just me ) When you spend walks praying no one will peek into the sling to see the baby and be greeted by a whole lot of boob instead. When you're never quite sure if the stain on your shirt is spit up or the product of a leaky boob.
I did notice a difference between receiving blankets and flats, but not enough of one to cut out my blanket flats entirely. I'm a flat addict. I love them. What I always did for overnights was to toss a booster in the middle of a kite fold before bringing the sides together. Little diaper sandwich. I always used a snappi to secure. If there's no snappi on hand I find a well fitting cover will keep it in place reasonably well on its own. And if you find flats don't work...
We have a different nutrition issue. My 3.5 yo dd has some sort of chronic gastric disease (we think it's pediatric crones, still doing testing) so sometimes she simply can't eat and will drop a kilo in a week. When she's going through a bad spell she still sits with the family and eats what she can, but we make a big fuss over getting pediasure into her. We let her talk to the dr herself about nutrition and having lots of energy to play. That got her excited about taking...
It's all so individual. My 3 and a half year old daughter is one of those cosleeping kids that STILL doesn't sleep through the night. Her brother is 5 months old, breastfeeds and bedshares, and will maybe (and I mean maybe) wiggle over and nurse for a second in his sleep once or twice during the night. He's been sleeping 12 hour stretches at night since 5 weeks old. Granted, my kids are at opposite extremes, but I think no matter what you do or how old your child is some...
I just wanted to step In with a tiny bit of hope. My baby is five months old as well. We just finally cut out supplementation this week. I don't have the same breastfeeding issues as you, but I have had a hard enough time that I formula fed my older child. Plus my son spent 16 days in the NICU during which time he was too sick to latch at all. But we made it. Step by step and inch by inch we made it to our goal. I realize your goal and my goal are not the same, but maybe...
I understand completely. I'm at home with a three year old and a five month old, but unfortunately I'm not a sahm by choice, we can't afford day care. This adds an unpleasant element to it. I know I'm lucky to have these years with my babies, but I'm not a skilled homemaker and Im putting a career I love on hold. DH works four days a week with a five hour total commute daily, so needless to say during the week it's all on me. The other 3 days though bother me a lot. We...
Sus, things can be both normal and beneficial. My eyelids, to use your example, are both normal and extremely beneficial. They keep out bright light, help protect against injury, help keep my eyes lubricated, help me sleep at night etc... I don't think mentioning benefits is diminishing the normalcy. Unless I've missed your point entirely in which case I apologize.
It's so hard to tell with walking, isn't it? My daughter did nothing but zip around crawling from dawn till dusk from the second she started at 6 months, and I was positive she'd be an early walker. But by the time her first birthday rolls around I realized she had become so adept at crawling and so comfortable with it that it was impossible to comvince her to give walking a try.Now at 3 years old I'm starting to second guess why I was so keen on teaching her to walk after...
Three months as well. It started with little things, like around 4 or 6 weeks old he'd wake up crying at night because he'd be rolling over in his sleep and startling himself. Or the standing thing. He'd hold my hands and be able to slowly pull himself up and stand for a good stretch of time at 3 months. Then this past month 4.5-5.5 months he just went nuts. He's all over the place! I spend half the day holding the back of his shirt while he struggles to crawl away,...