or Connect

Posts by Skelly2011

Babelsgp, I agree with quite a lot of your points. I use time outs and they work for us. However I have to admit I have no idea how my feelings will change as the kids grow. Im a rookie, kids are only 3.5 y/o and 4.5 m/o. I also agree that not every situation can be bettered by giving the child some space. As with all matters of discipline or conflict resolution it depends on every individual parent child dynamic. In my case, my three year old is a firecracker who needs a...
This is not normal. Maybe the very farthest reaches of what a child can gather on their own from picking things up on tv, but as a survivor and a child and youth worker this SCREAMS signs of abuse to me. I also had an older child "tease" me on the school bus as a little girl. Same kind of stuff, maybe even a little more aggressive, and I remember giggle screaming over it too. I also remember feeling very confused and ashamed. I remember knowing I shouldn't tell mom. I...
So heres the part where I fail to convince you but try anyways: Last pregnancy I had that feeling, the "must test now" feeling, and I tested the morning of the eighth day post ovulation (4th cycle trying for baby number 2) And there was a second line. My gut told me it was positive, but this was literally the faintest positive Id ever seen. I forced myself to wait the longest week of my life to retest. I drove myself INSANE. I don't know how I survived it. It did turn out...
Hey Talitha! I was in your shoes about seven months ago. Different complications but same fear and worry. I lost a portion of my plug at 27 weeks. At 29 weeks the contractions started. They discovered I was 50% effaced and I had the steroid shots too (is it just me or do they hurt more than other shots?). All in all I spent nine weeks on bedrest and was hospitalized three times for preterm labor, which they were able to stop. It was hard, and scary and I cried all the...
Four, three I still use. Bjorn was my first, since retired. Then used ergo for 2 years straight with DD and loved it. Got a boba toddler hip carrier when DD started getting a little too heavy, it was alright, just didn't suit the combo of our body types very well. DS was born 4 months ago and we started right off in the same ergo (on year 3 of being a workhorse) with the infant insert. Just bought a really fantastic mamankangourou Mai tei, which I'm a little obsessed with,...
Hey! We're about the same age, and I just had baby number 2 as well. Feel free to PM me any time and welcome!
That was my thinking exactly. This is still pretty inline with what happened in my last pregnancy too. SUPER faint test extremely early, followed by a negative, then multiple slightly darker ones a week later, I called my dr very confused over these mixed results and when they gave me an US at the appointment, tada! 5 weeks. I had originally thought I had ovulated earlier too, which led to my confusion over earlier results as well. Only difference was no bleeding in my...
Now THAT may explain whats been going on here. That's at the late end of implantation bleeding obviously, but that could definitely be the culprit.
I totally see them! AH! Is it possible you ovulated later than you thought this month? That would explain this testing and slightly late implantation bleeding weirdness?
Jumping back into this discussion. Im seeing the words "shame" and "withholding love" popping up an awful lot here, and I'm extremely curious where any of you are getting this from? Has anyone even read the responses from those of us who use time outs? Last night my husband was overtired and getting frustrated with the kids. My daughter said she thought daddy needed a time out, he agreed, and he went and read in the backyard for a few minutes and came back happy. At no...