or Connect

Posts by Skelly2011

You did the right thing. Your midwife will count from the first day of your last period too. If you have a regular cycle you probably conceived about two weeks after that. The dating scan is usually for women with cycles so irregular that they can't accurate find a date, women that get pregnant on the first cycle after birth control or lactation amenorrhea, or women that may have mistook implantation bleeding for a period. Good luck with the midwife! I'm excited for you,...
Hey Beth, You and I are the same age, though I'm already in mom territory. If you ever want to talk give a shout!
That's the part that I've been confused about. He's on the breast all. day. long. He nurses nonstop and gets a bottle every couple of hours during the day when we're at home. He's a very content baby who barely ever cries, so I try to nurse at even the smallest of hunger cues. It's very difficult to get any extra formula into him, he's not a big fan. Since asking this question I've tried letting him gum a bit of steamed carrot and banana, which he tolerated. He swallows...
Congratulations! A midwife can arrange all your prenatal care, there's no need to see an OB if you're choosing midwifery. The initial scan depends on whether or not you're sure of when you conceived. For example, this past pregnancy, I had a scan at 5 weeks which was too early to accurately date (I was unsure of when I conceived) and then a repeat dating scan at 8 weeks. Then a nuchal measurement scan at 13 weeks and an emergency scan due to bleeding at 14 weeks. Then...
Time out, in our family, just means taking a minute to breathe. When my daughter would start getting worked up I'd ask if she needed a time out or to talk it out some more. She really really benefits from taking a moment to think and cool off. She's 3 and a half now and when she starts getting angry she'll say 'I need time out for a minute' and shell run off to sit and think. I spend more time trying to get her out of time out than I ever have trying to get her in to time...
Tell me about it! I feel like I should put this on my resume haha
I used it with my first. I dont know if i would use it again, despite the fact that my second isn't growing quite as well as we'd like either, although he's still on breast milk. If I were you I would just supplement as healthy a diet as you can get into him with the odd pediasure. But that's assuming he's eating anything solid. If he really isn't eating anything, I used enfagrow, the toddler enfamil, when my first was slow to start solids and she did just fine. I liked...
I just got the chart in the mail and I'm stunned. I've been telling people I labored about 4 hours, not so! The chart says start of labor - 2:40, start of pushing - 4:40, birth - 5:30. 2 hours and 50 minutes, 50 minutes of which were pushing. I had a two hour labor. With a 10 pound baby who was a compound presentation. Compound presentation. Ten pound baby. Pitocin contractions. Two hours. I had to come tell somebody! I can't believe my body actually did that. I wonder...
I didn't UC, but I gained 50 pounds too (and I'm a skinny mini, like 5'8" and 110 lbs). I ended up vaginally delivering a 9 lb 6 oz baby boy with about a metric ton of fluid. Easiest birth ever, just 3 hours. Second degree tear, but I was up dancing around with my baby a couple of hours after feeling great. Totally could have UCed no problem. Oh and I DID do the ultrasound since I was so huge and overdue, they not only understimated his size by almost two pounds, but...
Now I'm excited! Post back and tell us if you test tonight. I've got a good feeling about this. Again, that faint one you posted was literally identical to my BFP last year around the same time post ovulation.