or Connect

Posts by Skelly2011

Im in the same spot with our 3.5 yo. It was at its worst during my pregnancy. As soon as baby brother was born and the stress of the pregnancy started to pass she got WAY better overnight. She was out of them altogether for a month+. She's had a couple of accidents since and is back in pull ups, but maybe your dd will be the same way and wet a bit less once the baby is born? There's always a chance!
I think a digital would. They usually pick up the same amount of HCG but just give a more definitive result. If your HCG is high enough to color that test it's probably high enough to get a digital read. I so hope you have a sticky bean in there. Good luck mama! If the digital doesn't pick anything up I'd wait at least a few days and try again, it's still SO early.
II believe the thinking is that the pressure on a newborns tailbone is a concern. I found froggy style to feel more secure in a Mai tei and it does give many of the same hip positioning benefits (and I had three dysplasia surgeries as a toddler so I take hip positioning very seriously). However I'm sure legs out isn't the absolutely end of the world, at least in carriers that accommodate it.And to OP, I've found my ergo and cheapo mai tei to be a godsend with baby #2.
I can't say for sure, but I will say I got an almost identical result at just 8dpo while trying for number 2, forced myself to wait a week to test again, yadda yadda yadda I'm nursing that baby as I type this. It could definitely be something.
See this was my thinking too. I told the dr I didn't understand how he could be missing out if I'm feeding on demand at every hunger cue. She said I'm doing everything right (it's a very pro bf practice and very supportive of more APish practices) and she wouldn't suggest I wean per say, just consider offering a solid after feedings and see how it goes. My understanding with percentiles is that it's not a huge thing unless they get below the 5th. However my son in...
Hey guys Today I took my four month old son to his well baby visit. Everything looked great, thank god. We had a brief little chat about whether I'd started solids yet, I said I intended to persue baby led weaning and thus far he's had no more than a tiny lick of peach and banana he stole out of my hand. They were really supportive and said it was fine to skip rice cereal, wait to six months and breastfeed for two years as I intend to. Then we took him to be weighed....
Just as we were starting to get on track weaning out supplemental feeds, now I have thrush in my left breast. It hurts like hell! I was prescribed a cream ("newman's formula", a compound cream) but I'm having a lot of trouble keeping it on since my little guy pretty much nurses nonstop. It's getting so painful im really starting to dread feeding on that side, it takes my breath away it hurts so much. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I can do? The pain is...
Hang in there. My post is right next to yours right now on the breastfeeding challenges forum, and I got a ton of really amazing advice that may be of some use to you too. My problems stem from a NICU stay too, although we're on the other side learning to exclusively breastfeed at home three months later. I just wanted to give an Internet hug from one NICU mom to another. It's the hardest thing I've ever lived through, but when my son was in there the nurses kept telling...
Oh please do share it with her! A part of our story I hadnt mentioned yet is that this is my second complicated nursing relationship. The first time around I was only 18, had awful advice from the hospital, and my daughter never once successfully latched. I now suspect it was a tongue tie at fault, but at the time I gave up and figured we just "couldn't". Now I don't judge full time formula feeders in the slightest, and I know I did the best I could for my baby with the...
http://instagram.com/p/cAIsKFp811/ This is the face of a boy who has had TWO ounces of formula in the past 21 hours. Im through the roof happy. It's taken me three months to get here and it's finally working.