or Connect

Posts by Skelly2011

This sounds like what I have, although I haven't gotten a definitive diagnosis yet. I too suspected prolapse after my birth 12 weeks ago. I've been told it appears to be a urethral bulge and not my bladder/rectum/uterus. It's definitely something I initially found extremely troubling, but thankfully things seem to be going well. I can share a bit of my experience. Immediately after birth I was unable to urinate at all. It was very strange, I could feel the need to go and...
Hey guys, I come from a Jewish family, as does my partner, although as adults we're more spiritual agnostics. Our first child was a girl, so we just breathed a sigh of relief and didn't discuss circumcision any further. Well, we now have a 12 week old little boy. We both felt very very strongly about leaving him intact. At the end of the day, he has a heart condition and was in the NICU at 8 days old so a bris wouldn't have happened anyways. This has caused serious issues...
My breasts seem to hate me. I have serious supply issues. My milk came in quickly and well, but never increased with the needs of my baby. I'm still producing his one week old diet at 12 weeks and it's driving me crazy. So far this is our regimen: we nurse on demand around the clock. If he fusses after a feed I always put him back to the first breast before offering a supplement. I can't stress enough how much time he spends nursing, saying once an hour while he's awake...
From the get go I knew I wanted this birth to be different. My first go around I labored for ten hours in a hospital bed surrounded by nurses and doctors I'd never even met. I was only 18, and wasn't treated with a great deal of respect. At one point my epidural fell out of my back and I was told point blank to suck it up, and wasn't believed about the severity of the pain. There was meconium stained fluid, and my daughter was whisked away before I even got to see her,...
Hey guys! My names Sophia, I'm new here. I'll post my intro and birth story shortly, but first I have a little question for you folks. I'm a little concerned about the amount of spitting up my 7 and a half week old son, Jack, is doing. It seems like he's spitting up, ranging from milky drool all the way to full on vomit, at just about every feed. What's strange is he isn't bothered at all by it. Never cries, never acts uncomfortable in relation to spitting up. On the...
Hi joyful, I totally understand if you are no longer following this thread, what with the selection of unsupportive comments mixed in with the awesome ones. On the off chance you do see this, I just registered with the site specifically to get in touch with you. I'm in pretty much exactly the same situation. I'm a mom, I have a two year old daughter and am 12 weeks pregnant. I'm now working in social services, harm reduction specifically, and overall I'm quite a normal...