or Connect

Posts by tammychabria

As a Montessori school owner, I do want to point out that you were not attending an authentic Montessori school, and it is unfortunate that this school would give a bad name to Montessori. One of the Montessori tenets is no homework. Ever. Not in Kindergarten, not as a senior in high school. Never ever. That's not to say that students aren't encouraged to pursue their passions beyond the school hours, but never assigned. A Montessori primary class (which goes through...
I own a Montessori school, and it really depends on the child and how many works the CHILD needs to be presented. Other factors also come in such as needs of other students in the classroom. The ENVIRONMENT should be prepared so that she has opportunities to be learning things on her own, without lessons from the teacher. Individual or small group lessons should be quite secondary in a Montessori environment to the environment being prepared so that your DD can always...
I own a Montessori school, and it is not standardized as this is not something Dr. Montessori addressed in her writings. What we do is a daily sheet that goes home listing some of the works he or she chose that day, a bi-monthly Family night so parents can come into the school to see what their child has been working on with teacher's on hand, parent education nights monthly, quarterly progress reports and at least one family/guide conference the day before Thanksgiving....